Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying a Handgun While Wearing Waders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Carrying a Handgun While Wearing Waders

Anyone carry a handgun with waders on?

a buddy that i fish with carrys a handgun when he is out fishing. he puts it in the back pocket on his fishing vest. saw another guy that carries one in a holster on his chest under his waders. im looking at holsters to carry my xd40. trying to decide if i want to carry on my chest or side.

seems that access to a handgun would be pretty poor on a belt holster inside your waders, chest holster access would be much better with a heavy caliber revolver.

I gave the issue of carrying a firearm a lot of thought, as most do. I looked at a shoulder holster and a belt holster and decided to carry it in my Simms Headwaters Waist Pack which is in front and easy to access. I did keep in mind that I could possibly get my firearm wet so I chose to go with the stainless steel version .44 mag with a 4 inch barrel. The reason for such a large caliber is that I had a very close encounter with a Bear in the Sierra Nevadas, too close for my comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by stonefly58 View Post
    I gave the issue of carrying a firearm a lot of thought, as most do. I looked at a shoulder holster and a belt holster and decided to carry it in my Simms Headwaters Waist Pack which is in front and easy to access. I did keep in mind that I could possibly get my firearm wet so I chose to go with the stainless steel version .44 mag with a 4 inch barrel. The reason for such a large caliber is that I had a very close encounter with a Bear in the Sierra Nevadas, too close for my comfort.
    I would bet there is an interesting story in there about the bear, care to share?

I am hoping to purchase a handgun this summer (can't figure out how to strap my 12 gauge on under my vest ). I think I was being stocked by a Mountain Lion a few summers ago while fishing in the upper reaches of the American. I will carry one when fishing remote areas once I make the purchase. I would like to hear the bear encounter story as well?
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

25 year in alaska and I never carried a handgun. After reading some of the responses from you guys I might start carrying one for the two legged animals.

Default Check California Penal code 12027

Anyone wanting to carry a pistol while fishing or going fishing should read this code. Particulary paragraph g.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=126590
    My question is can I have a loaded speed loader next to the weapon.
    Great carry weapon is the Ruger SP101 .357
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9MgTbVPyM

I mountain bike and fish alot. I'm not to worried to much but do carry a sidearm; primary concerns are bears and weirdos. My 2 cents is one of the top firearms formerly made of which I own 1 of - the S&W 9mm- Model 3913 Lady Smith is one of the most popular concealed weapons of all time. Accurate within 30 yds (depending on the shooter), reliable, well-built ------enough said.

Called a lady smith cause the grips are small but the advantage is that this thing is not a hand cannon and it can be put any where - < than 5" net length.
    Last edited by koffler; 04-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.

If bears are you concern a 9mm will only irritate him.