To all, carrying a concealed weapon without a CCW is a violation of Ca. law. Back in the day law enforcement might ignore the fact if you were in a situation where you were forced to defend yourself, if you were illegally carrying a handgun. Today, if you are forced to display or even use a handgun in self defense, and were carrying the weapon concealed w/o a CCW, there is a very good chance you may be a arrested, or the investigating officers will file a report with the local district attorney requesting charges be filed against you.

I appreciate the belief of many that say that it would be worth it if it saves their life. I am in my 37th year of law enforcement. I have seen countless times the victim of a crime become the accused while defending himself or his family. If it is difficult to obtain a CCW where you live, you can always move up here to Yuba or Sutter Counties. The Sheriff's of these counties believe if you are a law abiding citizen with a valid reason, you are entitled to obtain one.

Bill Siler