Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally! First two steelhead on the spey

Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    college is a blast. Zero-point-zero. Live it up.
    THis, it's the craziest fun time you'll have in life. Enjoy it and take your time. Nothing wrong with being a super senior!
    Oh and nice fish!

Default Time flies donnit?

HEY RYDER~

Thanks for thinking of me and calling with an OTW report... now I get to see what that quiver in your phone voice was all about...

DAMN, that's awesome!!

I know I've said it before... one of these days you'll be teaching me how to catch them damn things~

Just remember to keep balance in your life... 60% steelheading and chasing girls and 40% academics...

Brother Mark

Btw Steelie.....I think you're gonna love Humboldt State Univ.

EO

After 4-5 years at Humbolt State most are going to chase Steelhead for the rest of their lives.

I know a lot of folks who went there........they all enjoyed that part of California.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thumbs up 1st 2 swung Steel

Wow! Nice!
    I gotta say this, don't take it wrong: You're just going off to college & have a Hardy AND a CND?
    F-me! You're way ahead of where I was; a Fenwick FF857 & a Pflueger Supreme.
    Robert

Default Fisheries or other Environmental Science

for Undergrad.... then just think you could go to OSU or UW for Grad school! Don't give in to corporate America like I did. Live your dream and everything else takes care of itself career wise. 4 years of UO and I made academic pro 2nd quarter in "A 1.6, Four C's and an F!" Got 90 days of Steelhead fishing in that Winter of 92/93' on Smith (OR) and Siuslaw and Alsea. I also recall filled 2 Steelhead Cards. A feat Never to be repeated. Have fun. Best time of your life and live it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelie-Stalker View Post
    Well, after 3ish years it finally came together! On a trip to visit the school I'll spend the next 4 years of my life at, I spent a few days with the spey rod on a few different steelhead rivers, and finally landed my first 2 fish on the swing!

Needless to say it solidified my college choice!

and by the way....that Hardy was LOUDDD!
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

Did a Duck really just recommend OSU and UDub for grad school? What's this world coming too!?

Default If you're gonna get an MS in Fisheries

OSU is in top 5 in US and a no brainer. Many of my friends and co-workers are Pac-10 (or I guess 12 now) alumni and have either the Cal BS and the Stanford MBA or UCLA BS and the USC MBA etc..,- Now think for a minute..... what colors do you think they wear when they go to a football game? Don't read too much into the civil war from an academic position. It's about the piece of sheepskin and loyalties are always with undergrad school. I hate the beavs but I almost went there for Grad School and didn't think a thing of it.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

My steelhead obsession at HSU has caused me 1-2 extra semesters here in Arcata (Hard to be exact!)... Be careful, It's not just the weed and girls that can get you behind, the chromers can too!!!

Default Nice try guys...

No Humboldt State or Oregon or Oregon State for me.

It was a tough decision for me...but I passed on Cal Berkeley to pick Seattle University for the next four years as a Finance Major/ Economics Minor. I'm super pumped!!!

By the way...keep an eye out in the fall for a Washington chapter of Flies for Fins.
    (In case you're unaware of F4F...its a really awesome fundraiser April Vokey has put on in BC www.flies4fins.com) I've been in contact with her for the past year, and this fall should be putting together a Seattle U club that will act as a United States/North West chapter, with the funds most likely going Western Rivers Conservancy on a project like the Hoh River or the Elwha.

Anyways...I'm sure I'll talk to Bill about posting something formal when it gets online...but I'd really appreciate people taking a look once it gets up.

-Ryder