Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Yuba @ Hiway 20

Default Lower Yuba @ Hiway 20

Does anyone know if overnighting is allowed at the parking area for the lower yuba/20 river access on the south side?

Not the safest spot. Go down to Sycamore Ranch couple miles west of the bridge. nice campground easy walk to the river gd luck George

Quote Originally Posted by stonefly58 View Post
    Does anyone know if overnighting is allowed at the parking area for the lower yuba/20 river access on the south side?
    The property is owned by Western Aggregates and posted no trespassing. You may or may not get the boot. Some really seedy creatures hang out down there after dark (not just us fly fishers either). Like BJ1 said, you'll sleep a lot better at Sycamore. Collins Lake isn't too far, has good camping and excellent fishing.

I was wondering the same thing. I camped once on the south side of the river down that dirt road that follows the river a ways. I saw several old fire pits and just set up shop. I saw no trespassing signs on the south of the road but not between the road and river. Is that not a legal camp spot?

Cool Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I camped once on the south side of the river down that dirt road that follows the river a ways. I saw several old fire pits and just set up shop. I saw no trespassing signs on the south of the road but not between the road and river. Is that not a legal camp spot?
    Between the road and the high water mark of the river on the south side of the Lower Yuba River is definitely private property, owned by Western Aggregates. It would be unlawful to camp there, although, as evidence shows, many people have done so.
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

oops, thanks for the info

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to get info for Sycamore Ranch online, the phone numbers listed on their website are not working for me, does anyone have a good number they can pass along?

Default I second that

But even Sycamore can sometimes have regular irregulars however that was 15 years ago. Can always get a cheap hotel room in Marysville assuming rooms have locks on them. I camp at Yuba Rec. Inc near Browns Valley, but not sure they are allowing new members. Took me 4 years on waiting list to finally get in. Love camping there. Timbuctoo is really nice if you know someone special

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The property is owned by Western Aggregates and posted no trespassing. You may or may not get the boot. Some really seedy creatures hang out down there after dark (not just us fly fishers either). Like BJ1 said, you'll sleep a lot better at Sycamore. Collins Lake isn't too far, has good camping and excellent fishing.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

Ned, can you tell more about that club? Contact info and the cost? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stonefly58 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I tried to get info for Sycamore Ranch online, the phone numbers listed on their website are not working for me, does anyone have a good number they can pass along?
    Try this: http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/departments...e%20Ranch.aspx