Thread: Big T Fishing Great

Default Big T Fishing Great

Today was another great day. two clients caught and released 10 fish. about half stockers and 2 Browns and 4 nice Ranbows up to 20 inches. The Anderstone was on fire. The water is in great shape for sure. If you are coming to town to fish Pyramid the Truckee might be a better bet.What a great winter in the river. No run-off and consistnat flows for months.

If we could only get Truckee Trout to look up. I think there Eyes are glued on too low.

Default ...a cross-border incursion

Rob---Fished the "other side of the border" in NV yesterday (Tuesday). I immediatley broke a tip on a bone-head move. I got blanked, but my buddy netted five and had 2-3 others on...briefly. One decent 20'' RB and the others were hatchery fish. We were on the water from 11AM-3:30 PM. Productive flies were a #8 Rubber-Legged Stonefly and a #18 BHFBPT; under an indicator and one BB. Water temps were 44-48. No fish looking-up. Just a few Skwala adults and sporadic BWO's flying about.

Us Truckeeites are planning another NV excursion tommorrow (Thursday)...thanks for sharing the water.

Frank R. Pisciotta

PS----Water content and snow back info relative to this side of the border at www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com...2nd post down. I'm not going to mention how/where and when to fish the water in the Truckee area since we have so many contributors right now.
    Last edited by Frank R. Pisciotta; 04-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.