Thread: Playa del Carmen guides???

Default Playa del Carmen guides???

Can anyone recommend some good guides for the Playa del Carmen region?? I am heading there at the end of the month!

Thanks in advance!

Make the hour drive south to Boca Paila-Well worth the effort. Realistic shots at a Royal Grand Slam -Bones-Permit-Tarpon -Snook
    Great guides-beautiful place

bocapaila.com/

HATCH

Default Playa del carmen

Just got back from my vacation in Playa del Carmen in Mexico. Had a splendid time based out of Sandos Caracol hotel.

I further sent a mail to these guys out. Their details can be found here http://www.bonefishcozumel.com

Their rates are quite reasonable.

I booked 2 days with them. Fishing is a mixture of wading and from the boat. You get picked up from the ferry in Cozumel and then from there on its in the boat to their locations in the lagoons. In my two trips I was guided by Alberto who despite his young age knew how to handle the boat and some very tricky currents like a pro should. Add to that he tried his hardest to put me on the fish on each occasion . He could spot fish where I could not and really knows his stuff. We fished for bonefish on the first trip and I stopped counting after a while as I saw no point to to it not to mention what I lost. Alberto kept me on the water as long as was possible. On my second trip I mentioned that I wanted to try for Tarpon. The day did not start well as it was quite windy and patchy sunrise. I one shot at a tarpon that I managed to spook and a couple of shots at a meter long barracuda which I also managed to spook . I asked to go back to the bones and in no time had my reel screaming back to the backing. We stopped early due to the wind but had caught enough to keep my memories to my next trip. If you are looking for mexico at reasonable prices ( pick up, drop off, lunch and drinks) then please give these guys a go as they know their stuff and were very friendly. Point of caution do not go to all these tourist offices or touts who promise you everything to get your money.

Thanks guys! I have emailed them!

Default Playa del Carmen

I've fished with Pesca Maya lodge a few times while staying in Playa del Carmen. Really enjoyed each trip with them. They're south of Playa del Carmen in Punta Allen. They're on Ascension Bay and you'd truly have an honest shot at a grand slam.
    Last edited by Randy B; 04-06-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Randy! I have emailed them as well! So helpful!