Cover of the Rolling Stone not!
After a winter of continuous boat maintenance this week we launched Jen Wren III for the season. Yesterday was our shake down trip and it appears all of our hard work has paid off.

Eight to ten miles off of the lighthouse schools of bait are starting to puddle up in the blueish 70 degree water. This is a sure sign of good things to come. We sighted jumping marlin, tailing sailfish, and milling dorado and wahoo. Early in the day I sighted a wahoo following the bruja (ballyhoo) we were trolling. It took some coaxing to get the fish to finally bite. As luck would have it, the bite was short and the wahoo took the back half of the Ballyhoo slicing it in two.

With that experience we quickly deployed a couple wahoo jigs. My favorite is a Halco GT jig and the Rapala X-rap. After trolling the area where the first fish bit we had a double hook up on the hoo's.

All week the weather has been about as good as it gets. Also there are a lot of fish in the area but they are just not quite ready to go. It is good enough that everyone is bringing home fish but they are not turned on enough to take limits.

Jen Wren III's winter home

Fishing tackle CHECK, cold beer CHECK, Let's go fishing!

Two wahoo milling around. They are easy to spot in the calm water

What's left of our bruja

Diego Romero with our first wahoo of the season

Wearing my new AFTCO wahoo shorts I landed a wahoo for dinner

Now here is an incredible story. Cleaning the wahoo landed on our Halco we found a piece of our bruja in it's stomach.

Lots of sea turtles at the fishing grounds.

It's not the Rolling Stone but fishing the Jen Wren our friend Gary Green made the cover of the Gringo Gazette.

For daily East Cape updates LIKE our Facebook page. www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841