Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scadden pontoons

Question Scadden pontoons

I purchased a Scadden pontoon at the Pleasanton fly fishing show and haven't received it yet. I was wondering if anyone else bought one at that show and if they got theirs yet? When I asked Dave how long I should expect to wait before it arrives, he said they just built a big warehouse and have a bunch of each boats in stock and that it would take 7-10 days to arrive. I'm just anxious to get out on the water and want to know if I need to start inquiring out of concern.

Being a squeaky wheel is always valuable with Scadden. Call him, and if you get Derek he's very helpful too. The good thing is you'll probably only ever talk to Dave or Derek, bad thing is they have a lot of business to handle and sometimes things fall between the cracks with a very small front office. Always works out though.

Default Scadden Boats

I have purchased two boats from Dave and my experience says to stay vigilant. I ended up with a better deal because of the delays. I ordered a Renegade and ended up with a Rampage because of the delays.The day I was told the renegades would be ready to ship was told that they got rampages instead. Was asked if I wanted that instead at same price, so jumped at it.
    Just be prepared to keep making calls to get your deal completed and you may get more than you bargained for.

Ordered my Scadden boat at Plesaenton and it showed up Thurs. Yeah!
    Gregg

Unhappy Still not here

Mine still hasn't shown up yet.

If you haven't yet, call him and ask what is going on.
    Gregg

Does anyone have a phone # I can reach him at?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdbb View Post
    Does anyone have a phone # I can reach him at?
    http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/contactus.html

What everyone else said. It may take a while, but you'll get it.

briansII

Thumbs down When?

Multiple emails, phone messages, still nothing. I understand that it will eventually come, but this is not the best way to do business. There is a difference between being a good salesman and a good business man. The big issue I have I'd that he explicitly told me that it would arrive in 7-10 days, why not just tell me the truth! I wanted to buy the floor model but decided on a new one because he PROMISED me it would arrive within an acceptable amount of time. Had he said it would take 6 weeks, I wouldn't be posting right now. On top of this, I paid cash and only have a flimsy piece of paper and his reputation to account for any transaction having taken place. There are alot of Scadden defenders out there and that is the only thing keeping me from fully feeling like I got ripped off!

I don't think anyone is defending the delay and frustration you're experiencing, but as most of us have been through it, we're acknowledging that it happens and that you'll eventually get your 'toon. It's not right, but with persistence and being pleasant but firm on the phone it will arrive, eventually. If you can reach Derek that might be better. He seems a little more efficient. Try them around noon Mountain Time.