Thread: Bay Delta funds daily removal of Stripers and other bass using large nets

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Well,.... Seems like the Ag water distributors/users are not going to give up until they get what they want. First, the proposed state legislation to remove game fish status from stripers, then the Lawsuit that DFG settled resulting in the proposed changes in regulations increasing limits on Stripers. Now, the same group (Westlands, etc.) has participated in writing the BDCP that includes elimination of predators and non-native species.... All the while receiving massive direct cash subsidies from the feds/state and buying water at below market value. Amazing!!!! Gotta give 'em credit for being persistent, tho....
    It's perhaps safe to say that the country in reaching "maturity" in that there is not much left to privatize..... The BDCP, HR 1837, et. al. are all examples of money spent by an elite group of people hell bent on privatizing the remaining PUBLIC natural resource for their annuity in perpetuity. This is their american dream, except, it's flat out WRONG and our so-called public trust officials and politicians are not interested in protecting water as a public trust resource, but are in on the scam in belief in what they are doing is in the spirit of good business and capitalism. Except they forgot that true Capitalism is only when there is integrity. OOoopss, they forgot about that.....

WE all know the solution is pretty simple and most I educate daily feel the same way. But, according to good 'ole McClintock, the water issue in CA is "complicated". I've heard him say "complicated" many times at town hall meetings, etc. Well, of course it's complicated when you are facilitating cheating and covering your ass too. Need more examples.... just listen to all the stuttering when both Ds and Rs are asked what they think about the proposed Federal Budget(s). That polished public speaking goes right out the window when their busy covering their arses.

What bothers many who I have spoken to about all of this is that the BDCP, et. al. is also considered a facilitator for the expected growth of CA by 20 million more people which we all know is completely unsustainable, not just regarding water. So, as a result, we lose our Bay/Delta habitat for irresponsible and unsustainable growth which is also going to cost ($) the state dearly.

But, at the end of the day, when the Facebooks, Googles, Apples, and Ciscos with all their billions in cash decide to leave CA because they're tired of funding all the CA "welfare", those that are left will still need water...... but it will all be privatized and locked up in a 40+ year contract. It's a real beaut.

Sorry Darian. I didn't mean to go off on account of your reply. I just wanted to maintain context, Westlands, etc.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 03-30-2012 at 09:08 PM.