Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feather report

My iPhone is alive!! After drowning it in the feather it would not turn on so I put it in a bag of rice. After two days I got ahold of some silica packs and stuck it in a zip lock with the silica. Then I found on amazon the special 5 point srew driver to take off the back plate.I took off the back plate the sim card and the battery. Then back into the silica packs for another 24hrs. All back together the plugged it into iTunes and restored the device. Lost all my data but everything is working, what a relief. Now I am going to have to get that water proof case.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Default iphone

Zen,
    Good for you. Thanks for the info. Definitely worth checking out. I have the Simms
    holder that has a zip lock seal and a velcro closure. Wear it around my neck. I
    think it would survive a quick swim; not sure how long it would keep the water out.
    Best,
    Larry S

I've looked at a variety of waterproof cases for my phone and car key (electronic, unfortunately). They all seem pricey for what they are, so I stick with a 6x8" zip-lock "freezer" bag.