Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feather report

Default Feather report

Caught three nice Feather steelhead on wed between 8am and 11am went first to the upper area it was murky off color and shallow not much confidence about the water up there so headed down river. Came out to the river only to find a guide boat working the run so I sat on the bank and waited. Didn't see them hook up so I went out and worked a different part of the run. To my surprise I caught two nice 22 inch steelhead. Headed down river again was fishing a run when the same guide boat came and caught two working the opposite side of the same run. I caught one there about the same size all the fish made good runs and jumps, really fun. i would be posting pics right now if I hadn't put my iphone in my unprotected lower pocket. That silly little electronic does not like water, go figure. It is sitting right now in silica packets and rice for a three day wait. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I am not very hopeful.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Zen,

Thanks for the report. I've been thinking I need to get up to the low-flow sometime soon. Have to clear my calendar one day next week perhaps.

Nymphing? Alevins? What worked.

Flies were Micro May, SJW, Black rubber legs. One on each.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for the report Zen
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

sorry to hear about your iphone. Check this out for your next one. http://www.lifeproof.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead902 View Post
    sorry to hear about your iphone. Check this out for your next one. http://www.lifeproof.com/
    Thanks looks like a good case. I am so bad about electronics and water. I have ruined two cameras, itouch, two sets car keyfobs, and now a iphone. Thing is a have a water proof case for my iphone but didn't use it.

How does this case compare to Otter Box?

If you fish right now below the first or lowest dam on most of our valley rivers that flow to the ocean you should find some fresh small spring-run steelhead and some resident trout.

Most lower valley rivers will have caddis hatching but the cleaner ones will have stoneflies and mayflies as well.

Small salmon fry are a good food source now too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    How does this case compare to Otter Box?
    The otter box is not waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by goby View Post
    The otter box is not waterproof.
    Any issues with docking or plugging in apple headphones, etc. ? Does the case inhibit the use of the speakerphone? Echo, etc.?

I would think that since it's waterproof, there would be some hindrance, but that's the "price" to pay for a real waterproof case that is required for those that are actively doing watersports..... kayaking, whitewater rafting, surfing, etc.

Sounds like a good product.

Thanks for insight.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 03-26-2012 at 09:01 AM.