Thread: A/R tonight

Default A/R tonight

I picked up an Orvis Helios 6wt at Kiene’s last week; they are having a huge sale on them right now. I couldn’t wait till this weekend to try it out so we fished Sunrise tonight. I ended up with 2 trout nymphing and caught them on the dropper, a Nitro Cadis. Right before dark I switched over to a dry caddis with the nitro again. No takes but lots of top water activity going on.
    I love the rod and can’t wait for Sunday; we are hitting the Delta for Bass and Stripers.
    Also want to thank the Gents at Kiene’s for EXCELLENT customer service!

Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR4 3-21-12.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	4276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR5 3-21-12.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	4277  

Default A/R Today

Good to hear nice fish....I went to Watt ave today caught 2 small trout steelies or smolt they were about 10 and 12 inches. Was also nymphing with caddis nymphs...There was some top water action too. Mostly small fish about the same size.

I got skunked many times in that situation fishing a dry caddis, but killed them when I fished a pupa in the film.

Nice! Is that a Lamson reel I see? I almost picked one up but went with
    the Hardy Ultralite DD.

Glad to hear people are getting into some fish.

There is hope afterall!!! lol.

EO

Fritz and I fished Sunrise tonight and turned up Zero. Water was merky; about 2' visibility. Very little action on top as well.
    I sure like the run down river from the walking bridge before the island, perfect for swinging. Might give it a try for Shad this season.

Frank