Thread: Sea of cortez-east cape, let the games begin

Default Sea of cortez-east cape, let the games begin

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

I just returned to the East Cape after 10 days in the Los Angeles area. Visiting family and exhibiting at the Long Beach Fred Hall fishing show was the main purpose of the trip.

Exhibiting at Fred Hall was work but it was also loads of fun seeing old friends and making new ones.

During the time I was gone this place has gone from windy winter conditions to warm beautiful spring weather. More boats are being put in the water everyday and everybody is buzzing about how good the bite is. A big volume of yellowtail has moved in on most of the high spots up and down the coast. Many quality fish south of 40 pounds are being landed daily. Striped marlin have also become more active and showing in bigger numbers. The most exciting news to me is the sighting of a couple of broadbill swordfish. That news gives me goose bumps.

I walked by this sign in the Long Beach convention center for 4 days in a row before my brother pointed it out to me on the 5th day. The prize included 2 days fishing on Jen Wren. If the Hall people would have put a fin on it I might have spotted it sooner.

Me and Jennifer ready for the thousands of fisherman that visited the show

Reports of swordies have me psyched. Bagged this one on my birthday in May. Trying for one in March this year

Just threw this in for kicks. Once in a while I will find a sea horse on our anchor line near the mooring ball. I put this one in our bait tank for a few photos before turning it loose.

My buddies said the show was good for me because of my never ending line of BS. They could be right?

Mark Rayor
    teamjenwren.com
    markrayor.blogspot.com
    US cell 310 308 5841

Thanks for your reports Mark! Love to stay in touch with one of my favorite spots on earth. Ive been down there 8 times. Not sure if/when I'll ever get back.