Thread: Hobie Float cat 75

Default Hobie Float cat 75

(SOLD) I have a Hobie Float Cat 75 for sale. Comes with seat , rod holder, back rack, motor mount, oars, and anchor. $450.00
    I can't get the photos to post, can e-mail them.

(925) 209-5148
    doberhaan@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Black Cloud; 03-18-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: SOLD

Up until a few months ago I had a Float Cat 75. I think it's one of the finest personal fishing crafts ever made. The only disadvantages are that it's heavy so you can't pack it, and it rows slow as it sits very low in the water, and you really can't use it in moving water, at least it's not recommended.

The advantages are strong. The fact that it does sit low practically eliminates any sail effect. It's extremely comfortable for long periods of time, and the frame is bulletproof and allows you to hang whatever you like on it. I had mine rigged with a 17 lb. thrust electric with a wheelchair battery and it worked perfect on Crowley (once you get it to the water and that's no fun). Using fins is perfect. It's very easy to position and maneuver.

These sold new for over $1000. I sold mine easily for the same price this seller is asking. The new owner converted it to a power cat with a 2 HP Honda and loves it. He had a Hobie Mirage and ended up selling it a week after he bought my Float Cat. If the description fits your needs, I'd take a good look because these don't come up often.
    Last edited by JAWallace; 03-08-2012 at 09:08 AM.