Thread: Upper Sac video & report by local fishing guides Anthony Carruesco & Matt Formento

Default Upper Sac video & report by local fishing guides Anthony Carruesco & Matt Formento

Check out the newest video "February Freestones" by local guides Anthony Carruesco & Matt Foremento. We hope you enjoy it!

A few of us have been fishing the Upper Sacramento River again this week and it continues to fish exceptionally well with near ideal spring like conditions. Flows remain exceptionally low and clear and fish are active from Cantara all the way downstream to Lake Shasta. Small spring caddis are popping on sunny afternoons along with some lingering Blue Wing Olive Mayflies.

While nymphing has been most productive, some searching may put you on a pod of rising Rainbows. Pick any section of river you like, you will undoubtedly have it to yourself, and wet a line! A number of large fish have come to hand as this is the time of year when landing a trophy from this classic freestone is most likely. With more great weather in the forecast consider this your complimentary notice to get here now.

Drop us a line for details.
    Last edited by Craig Nielsen; 03-06-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    Craig Nielsen

Default Video with Anthony C

I really liked the video, thanks. Anthony guided us last Fall and did a great job providing a very full day of fishing. He gave us lots of local knowledge of the bugs and Upper Sac locations. Glad to see him on the Shasta Trout website now.

Great video. I loved it and old memories were revived. I haven't been in that part of the state in a couple of years. Makes me want to brace my damaged forearm and take a road trip!

Nice video! You guys caught some good sized trout
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default Kudos for guide Anthony Carruesco

Tommylee:
    Thanks for sharing the kudos for Anthony. He has been an awesome addition to our already stellar staff and a huge hit with all the guests he has fished with including several who have already rescheduled trips with him. We could not be more pleased and hope you have the opportunity to fish with him again soon as well. Do drop us a line next time you are headed our way.
    Until then, wishing you tight lines and singing reels!
    Craig Nielsen

Default Great Video!

Great job on the Upper Sac video. Lets see some footage of the famed Upper Klamath steelies! I'm sure you have something to lure people up there!