Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice for Wading Boots

Default Economic is Best

I seem to be very hard on boots. My history has been to spend what I can afford each season because, I haver not found a boot yet to last more than one season. Simms rubber sole? 3 trips. Korkers, .5 Season. Cabellas? .75 Season. Felt last longer since they wear at the toe and heal, instead of seperating in these areas. Once seperation starts it's over. My longest lasting pair has been LL Bean but they are heavy.

Default gone through my boots...

I have gone through many wading boot models and each had some good and bad points. I do agree with some boots weighing so much to make tough extensive walking. I have a pair of Danner's (over 15 years old) that I replaced because I was tired of presoaking the boots. I picked up the Simm's Freestone and I can give a total thumbs up for the boots especially if you get it with the felt soles along with their cleats. You cannot go wrong with Simm's workmanship and the only reason why I replace them is I just get tired of using their products for so many years.

Default Ballerina slippers work with studs.

Comes down to personal taste/needs.

The Big Three(S, P, and O) are equivalent to The Big Three Auto Makers from Germany. Quality, warranty and customer service are going to be top notch. So is $$.

Then there are the rest...some good some not so. Shop carefully!

Chuck Taylor high tops with indoor/outdoor carpet glued to the bottom work great - imagine them studded(?)!

Once you're in the water, studs pretty much make the sole composition irrelevant. Out of water distances/surfaces will be the relevant factor in sole selection.

BTW - If yer gonna be boatin', skip the studs.
    JGB
    Last edited by JGB; 03-15-2012 at 11:56 AM.

I got a call from Kiene's today, Simms Guides felt came in! I picked up the boots and headed out to Sunrise for some swinging action. EXCELLENT BOOTS! Support and fit are right on, traction was as epected with felt soles, very good.
    As always, thanks for the great service Kiene's

Frank