Thread: Hawaii report

Default Hawaii report

Aloha, had the pleasure of guiding Paul Zacher and his friend Loren who is a regular at the Reno fly shop for a day of fishing in Kona at A-bay. Loren started off with a couple of small bones, but his first bonefish never the less. You always remember your first boner. Paul hooked a big one, we think, cause he did the old trout strike and it popped off. Then we hit some lava fingers and Paul got a nice moana, red goat fish, and a small papio. Loren got a cuda and a larger papio, so he got a slam. Paul ended the day hooking a nice sized lai, queenfish but it took off and cut him on a coral head. It was a nice day on the water, and the cali boys had fun with our reef fish. Sorry no pictures. Paul did send me a picture of a nice mahi he got offshore later in the week. The surf has been pumping lately, but the inshore action has been good with some nice bonefish landed on Oahu. I hope you all get over the winter blues and get to get some early spring fishing. Here in Hawaii it is always 80 degrees with some nice trade winds. Had a great time with Loren and Paul and thought I would share. Laterz, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Thumbs up Bonezzz....

Aloha Don,.... Good to hear from you. I still remember my first boner. No Bonefish yet, tho.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Would love to see a few pics of some adventures. My girl and I went w/ my family to Hawaii the beggining of Jan. I am so tempted to move. I love that place. Such a beautiful place w/ some friendly folks....not all...but most