Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Props Thread

Props to flymaster (Phil Ryan) of Redding who purchased my Sea Eagle 285 frameless pontoon- what a smooth transaction. When we met he was so helpful in answering my questions about various pontoons and frameless-- plus he paid for lunch! Longtime fly fisher/fly tier/guide/club president. Great guy who loves fly fishing and golf.

Props to "sisyphusmpn" for a good deal on a Spring Creek Hopper II pram. We will put it to good use.

Picked up a Sage Smallmouth Bass rod from El_Fisherman. Rod, case and line in brand new condition. Good deal and promptly shipped.

I think it's been said before, but if you're looking for a Powell Rod (Walton, Press, or E.C.) and you can't find one at various places in Chico, contact Rich Morrison...I just received a pristine (probably unfished) Walton Powell Companion Rod (a model that I've been trying to find since about 1980) from him, great guy (I've met him once) and a fair buyer and seller.

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Second kudos to Rich Morrison. I had a couple reels I wasn't using and an old one I wanted him to take a look at. He handled the whole deal, seamless, made me a few bucks. Rich knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Hey Guys
    Stole this idea from elsewhere, pretty simple, if you have a solid transaction with somebody then give a shout out in this thread. Both buyers and sellers. That way one can search this thread and if they see someone's name it gives a little bit of assurance. Also if there's any sort of issue using your real name might help clarify things as well. I’ll sticky it to the top.
    Thanks
    Aaron
    I am selling for a fishing pal that can no longer fish. Thanks to TahoeJoe and Joe Tax for buying some of his prized gear.

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

I just returned from a trip to Cuba. One of the guys there has a G Loomis 'Shore Stalker' and he broke the tip. It's almost impossible for those guys to access companies outside of Cuba, etc. and even if they can it costs them a fortune. So I offered to bring the rod back and see what Loomis could do for him. One call to Glenn at G Loomis customer service and he had me set up with a replacement tip. As soon as it gets here I'll find someone headed back down there who is willing to hand carry it back to him.

Thanks so much to the good folks at G Loomis.

Just a quick note to express my appreciation to John, "Woodman", for the great service he provided to me during my recent purchase of a beautiful fly rod from him...pleasant, responsive, solid packaging and fast shipment!

Thank You, Bob