Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found Fishing Hat @Yuba Upstream River Right

Default Found Fishing Hat @Yuba Upstream River Right

Found a fishing hat today while fishing the Yuba. (upstream river right) If you lost one send me a message and ill get it to you. Fishing report only seen 3 fish rise. Didnt see any other fisherman catch any. The fish won today..... New to fly fishing just out there enjoying the weather and paying my dues thanks.......

ROYEWEST lost a hat on the Yuba yesterday. Here's the thread link. Page 2

Minus: The hat I've fished in for years in all weather was suddenly gusted off my head and I sadly watched it drift down the river for 5 or 10 min with nothing to be done about it. My wife is pleased (it was getting pretty ratty).

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthre...t=26200&page=2

EO

And now his wife is wife is unpleased as I dont imagine its in any better condition.

Not as thrilling as the sage rod/galvan reel post but for some reason I am fascinated by these lost and found posts.

I have to say there is a good group of people here that would find something and take the time take it home and post in search of the owner.

Next time I lose something I hope a Kiene member finds it.

My hat! What a wonderful surprise. Well, at least I hope it's my hat. PM on its way.

(My wife is in hysterics.)

Default Lost Hat

It does seem to be an older hat (but it looks has though it has some great stories) it seems to be dark green or brown and a leather strap that goes around it. I fished it out of the water. Im going to Kiene's tomorrow to take a couple of videos back ill drop it off there if that's ok....Hope its your hat...Jeff

Thanks so much, Jeff. I just sent you a PM, describing that same hat. I hope the Kiene's folks will be kind enough to store it for me for a week or so until I can drop by to grab it!

Too funny.

My wife always asks me if she can throw away some of my older hats. I have a hard time parting with them. Oh the memoriessssssssss! lol.

EO

Hey Slice,

I couldn't agree more. The people on this board are quality folks.

The more I read "lost and found" posts, the more paranoid I get with my stuff.
    I sometimes drive away and find myself driving back to see if I left anything.

And checking the roof of the car is very important!

Totally Obsess/Compulsive! Ha ha.

EO

Our fishing hats all carry that mojo which is essential to a good fishing trip...most women just don't understand. I'm reminded of a good fishing partners hat that he'd just bought and paid quite a bit of money for...we'd had excellent fishing until he showed up with this new hat. I told him if he wanted the fishing to improve he had to do something about the hat...I offered to pee on it for him...but he declined...the fishing never did improve.

Glad to hear you recovered your hat...now it's got that much more mojo...just make sure the wife doesn't throw it out.

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

I lost a newish hat on the Yuba once. About a year later, I hooked up with a buddy on the same river and low and behold he's wearing my hat! I asked him where he got such a good looking hat? And he said he found it freshly washed in the river about a year ago.
    Go figure the river giveth and, it taketh away.

ICE