Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's fishing on Monday?

Default Who's fishing on Monday?

Who's going out tomorrow and taking advantage of the holiday?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

San Luis w/Dan Williams

Mike O Guest

Possibly an over and back to Hot Creek...

If no, maybe Yuba

Yup!! yuba duba do!!
    Last edited by Mike O; 02-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Perching Santa Cruz

Putah Creek

AR Bike Trail Salmon.

Default mice and men

I had planned a trip to the Yuba to see if the skwalas were starting to show but on Sunday evening at dinner as I was going over my plans with my wife, my 5 year old daughter yelled "DADDY TAKE ME FISHING..PLEEEEEEEASE!!"

I spent 3 hours yesterday morning dangling powerbait in an overgrown stagnant pond, also known as Hidden Lake in Martinez. Apparently it had been planted last week, but there were no sign of any fish. Saw a couple of otters, lots of herons, Great Blue, lots of Greens, Cormorants and I think I saw a Bittern....so the poor hatchery fish were probably either all gobbled up or were terrified to death.

My daughter had a lot of fun playing in the mud, throwing rocks and eating her snacks. "Fishing is hard work daddy, can I have more girl scout cookies to keep me going?"

The best laid plans....

bob loblaw,

I live in martinez, they planted hidden pond about 6 or 7 weeks ago. My 5 year old caught her 1st 'all by herself' trout there. I saw people ripping fish out of there by the dozens, some people with a handfull of rods. I dont imagine there was a trout remaining 2 weeks after it was planted. I tried my 3 weight there but there arent many casting locations. I used to catch small bass there but it is an oddly stagnant-black water looking little pond.

Lafayette res is pretty good for the kids but they have that park there so its 20 minutes of fishing before 'can we go to the park daddy?'

I did wind up going to the Yuba yesterday but had to leave at 1:30 (apparently prime time) to attend to family life.

Jim

I was on the SF of the Eel... water was low, pretty clear, lots of fisherman, and little in the way of fish. I did get a chance to break in my 12'6" 6 wgt. I caught a wild strappin' 9" smolt on a really small G.B.S. The day ended with me catching my foot wrong sliding over a rock and pulling a face plant... luckily, I had some extra clothes.

It was a long fun day, and I slept well. A good day fishing, but rather poor day catching!
    Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

Hi Jim

I live over the hill in Pleasant Hill. I've driven over Morello many times and didn't know there was a little pond down at the bottom of that canyon. I was planning on going to Lafayette Reservoir but I checked the DFG website on Sunday and it said that Hidden Lakes had been planted the week before so we went there....the critters must have good internet access because they were all there too, I've never seen so many fish eaters on such a small body of water.

I saw the sort of behavior you talked about. Right across from us a father and son set up 6 rods, 4 with bait, and two that they used to throw huge plugs in what looked like a deliberate effort to foul hook fish.

My daughter caught her first bona fide trout in an Idaho pond when she was 3...reeled it in all the way to the bank and as soon as she saw it she dropped the rod and ran away screaming...I don't know what she was expecting on the end of her line, but it wasn't a fish.