Thread: Hopeful Magazine Pictures

Default Hopeful Magazine Pictures

Here are the pictures that I took for my buddy Hogan Brown's magazine article for the Northwest Fly Fishing magazine article that will be coming out later. Hopefully a few of my shots will make the cut. I wanted to get some pictures that portray the environment up there. I bought a wireless remote so that I could have a fisherman in my photos since nobody could make it up there mid-week with me. I have done simple editing but nothing much. What do you guys think?

I wish that I shot more of a variety. I got too caught up in general landscape shots but I think a few will be usable. Any comments?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Well done Adam. I think you have nice variety; verts, hoirizontals, action, landscape, natural environment, built environment, and a beautiful fish.

I believe the remote was a smart purchase.

I hope you capture many more pics for the mags.

Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Thumbs up Photo's....

Good job!!! Not a photography expert but, like Ken, I think those photo's are very good. Most of them are as good as those I've seen in my subscript., fishing mag's....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Adam,

Excellent shots. The photo's 6 & 7, with the fishermen. I like the vertical shot moreso than the horizontal shot. My reason is the rocks on the right pull your eye towards them and the left side the little rock in the water takes you there. The vertical shows more landscape and pulls your eye up the river more, giving you a more perspective view

Just my 2 cents

Jay

They're all good. I think that Jay is right about the vertical shot. I also think that pictures of the environment let people place themselves in that environment. One or two with a fisher, but the others scenery.

great pictures love the colour and depth ...... white flowers were a nice touch

As has been said you certainly covered the bases. The sequence gives you a total feel for the ease of access, water type, the surrounding terrain and the size of fish available. The remote shots are great...I just picked up a 5D Mark III and would like to add a remote. What kind of distance from the camera are you able to get with the remote?

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Thanks for your comments guys.

Pete, after researching it online, I found out that the distance limit to the RC-6 is about 30'.

I wish that I shot a few close-ups of the fishing gear and/or flies of the rocks with the river blurred out in the distance. Overall I was fairly pleased.

Thanks again for the comments.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grace View Post
    Thanks for your comments guys.

Pete, after researching it online, I found out that the distance limit to the RC-6 is about 30'.

I wish that I shot a few close-ups of the fishing gear and/or flies of the rocks with the river blurred out in the distance. Overall I was fairly pleased.

Thanks again for the comments.
    Thanks Adam...just ordered the RC-6 remote and am looking forward to giving it a try. I like your idea of the macro with the gear and flies but I think the picture of the fish and rod/reel set up was as much an incentive as anyone is going to need.

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach