Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trinity Floats - Indian Creek to North Fork

Thanks again everyone for your help. Did a walk and wade Day 1 in the Big Bar area, hooked and landed one. Floated near JC day 2 and hooked three. All on the swing.
    thanks so much for all your help.

I highly recommend Bill & Carol's shuttle service if you need a shuttle. They do Lewiston to Pigeon Pt and are highly regarded by many. Bill and Carol Dickens... 530-623-1905

thanks again!
    Jimmy James

Hey James-
    If you don't mind me asking, what type of patterns were you getting grabs on?

I spent a day swinging in the Del Loma area earlier this week, spotted a few adults from the road but ended up without a grab. Luckily the hatch really went off in the afternoon and landed a few half pounders and a solid brown throwing BWO's on top... lots of fun and i love the middle Trinity this time of year because it is an absolute ghost town.

Middle T is a ghost town this time of year. Priceless.

I got all of my grabs on a Silvey's Tandem Tube in black with an orange cone. I tie them shorter than the commercial ones for the T. They've served me well. Fished a copper/olive Hoser and a black/purple fish taco. I'm sure the fish would have taken either of these, except they weren't there or weren't interested.

I tie all my T patterns smaller and more sparse than for any other rivers. The T was a foot over average October flows and was still absolutely crystal clear.

Jimmy James

James, I haven't check in for a while--sorry I didn't respond earlier. I agree with everything said so far, and I would be happy to help out with info on other drifts. We have a number of regular pontooners who stay here as well as guides. The upper stretches of the river (above Douglas City) are fishing very well and are always at less risk of being blown out. Give me a call anytime.
    John Letton
    Indian Creek Lodge
    Douglas City
    530 623 3383