Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFG Hearing

Default DFG Hearing

Reporting from the DFG hearing-

STRIPERS WIN !!!!!

Now we need some freak'n water
    HATCH

Thanks go to the AlliedFishing Group! Thanks Mike,John and Dave..

Default Fish and Game Commission Votes Against Pursuing Striped Bass Proposal

February 2, 2012
    Media Contact:
    Jordan Traverso, DFG Communications, (916) 654-9937

The California Fish and Game Commission today took final action to reject proposed changes to striped bass regulations.

In a unanimous decision, Commissioners voted not to pursue a proposal that would have changed sport fishing regulations related to anadromous striped bass, including increasing bag limits and decreasing size limits.

The proposal that was introduced by the Department of Fish and Game arose out of a settlement agreement resulting from a 2008 lawsuit. In that lawsuit, the Coalition for a Sustainable Delta, a group of San Joaquin Valley water districts, asserted that striped bass are harming native species, including endangered salmon and Delta smelt.

http://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2012/0...bass-proposal/

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Default Stripers

Thanks for the updates everyone.

Robin, you and others have done an outstanding job on this. Thanks for all you've done!

But as we know, powerful interests have much at stake in this and the ball game is far from over... So we must be vigilent, and prepared to go to bat again.

Ron Otto

Thumbs up Decision....

Great job by all those who sent in letters and/or attended the meeting. I was checking the vote by the commissioners and was surprised to see that Richard Rogers was not in attendance. Just as well I guess. He's the seemingly arrogant advocate for MPAs as a member of the Commission.

Interesting how little comment/interest there's been about the decision on this BB. Lots of comments over on Blanton's BB; many from out of the area participants. Maybe everyones out enjoying the great weather and fishing for Stripers. Of course, it may be nothing more than the make-up of people who participate here; mainly Steelhead/Trout guys (....just an observation).

I guess for Westlands it's back to the courts on another related issue.
    Last edited by Darian; 02-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Definitely a big win for stripers.

I've been following the threads here, on Blanton's board & other local fishing boards. This issue is important to me as it should be to anybody fishing the Delta for any species. Other than stating my thankfulness (I AM thankful too) for all those who helped (attended meetings, wrote letters, donated/raised money), there really isn't more that I could add to threads. I'm betting there are more forum members like me.

I did celebrate by getting out and fishing Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Great job by all those who sent in letters and/or attended the meeting. I was checking the vote by the commissioners and was surprised to see that Richard Rogers was not in attendance. Just as well I guess. He's the seemingly arrogant advocate for MPAs as a member of the Commission.

Interesting how little comment/interest there's been about the decision on this BB. Lots of comments over on Blanton's BB; many from out of the area participants. Maybe everyones out enjoying the great weather and fishing for Stripers. Of course, it may be nothing more than the make-up of people who participate here; mainly Steelhead/Trout guys (....just an observation).

I guess for Westlands it's back to the courts on another related issue.

"Sports Radio" followers know all too well that most call-ins happen after a defeat or a series of defeats vs. winning.......

Thanks to all that sent in letters opposing the regulation changes as well as supporting the reappointment of Mr. Kellogg to the F&G Commission. It's very important to let folks like Mr. Kellogg know that the sportsfisherman of CA appreciate his effort to fight for our sportfishing legacy in CA.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 02-06-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Watch the F&G Meeting Here.......

http://www.redding.com/news/2012/feb...se-voted-down/

Today the Stripped Bass is one of the most popular game fish in Nor Cal so it is great that so many stood up against this action designed to reduce their population.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

My contacts are telling me that the same forces are alleady starting rumblings into thier next project.We just won one battle in this ongoing war.
    We need to expand the Allied Fishing Group and work our way into the main stream media.I've been working on these issues for 35 years+ and am trying to pass my contacts and knowledge to the younger crowd.Mike Mckinze and i will both be working on this issue.Feel free to get involved.