Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinity Shuttle

Default Trinity Shuttle

Can anyone recommend a reliable shuttle for the Trinity?

Bill and Carol Dickens...530-623-1905.

Default 2nd BK's suggestion.

Nice people, and reliable. Might even have some current fishing info for you too.

JGB

Thanks for the responses. Got in a couple days of much needed R&R. Cold mornings but beautiful afternoons.

Sorry, but I just got stranded at evans bar by Bill and Carol. No cell service. Hitched a ride back to DC but ended up wasting 3 hours and trying to load my raft in the dark. I hope someone in the area starts up a reliable shuttle. I guess it saved me the $50, but I will run my own Trinity shuttles from now on. BEWARE! Unfortunately there is no other shuttle that I know of. I guess that's why they can leave you high and dry in the middle of nowhere.

Default Trinity Shuttle...

I have no idea what happened in this situation, but Bill and Carol Dickens are very reliable. Although I have not fished the Trinity in recent years, I have used their service over a several year period of time and they are excellent. Just my two cents.....

Default Bill and Carol

Bill and Carol are 100% solid. 7 years experience tells me so. Lots of mixed results over the western states (Montana Blackfoot - shuttle was 3 hours late and showed up with a 6-pack to say sorry and then drank 5 of them) but never a problem with B&C. The last 3 years my now 15 year-old daughter and I do our Trinity December 3-day snow or sleet raft camping trip... Bill and Carol always there to personally see us off demanding that I take a cell phone as there is coverage in parts of the canyon - and they insist we call at any time of night should there ever be a problem. Like Boy Scouts those two...
    Reading your post - what does "no cell service" have to do with anything? Shuttle trips need to be pre-arranged, speaking directly to the shuttle folks... no leaving messages, no calls from on the river, no altering take-outs and hoping your message gets through (although I have done all of those, I can't blame the shuttle). And whether or not the shuttle uses a cell phone, or declines to share that cell phone number with every stranger -
    Bill and Carol are 100% solid.
    Bruce Mace

Quote Originally Posted by fluvial View Post
    (Montana Blackfoot - shuttle was 3 hours late and showed up with a 6-pack to say sorry and then drank 5 of them)
    LOL Classic!

Default Bill & Carol are great!

JSRedding, WOW! Not sure what happened in your situation. Obviously more to the story?

I've called on Bill & Carol for years to run shuttles for me and I know well more than a dozen other guides who use them everyday of the season. THEY ARE WONDERFUL people who provide an honest, reliable, safe shuttle service.

I would recommend them to anyone needing a shuttle service on the Upper Trinity River!! Just call and confirm the night before, or early in the a.m. usually you will chat with Carol and she is a sweet as they come.
    "Fishing should be a ceremony that reaffirms our place in the natural world and helps us resist further estrangement from our origins."
    Thomas McGuane

www.reeladventuresguideservice.com

I have used Bill and Carol somewhere around 50 times with no incidents...sounds like a communication mishap...

Hopefully you caught a few fish to make it better...
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com