Thread: Rules...

Default Rules...

I'm reposting this in the Steelhead forums...

Sadly it seems the days of letting self moderation rule the roost are over. We've had a lot of negative feedback recently over certain users and the way they go about things so it's time to lay down the law.

It's pretty simple, if you have something to say do it respectfully. If you have criticism do it in a way that isn't going to start a public fight ie Private Message. Nothing good ever comes from a public call out. Our biggest concern is people shying away from posting because they don't want to have to defend themselves from the arm chair quarterbacks of cyberspace.

For those of you who have been of issue, going forward there won't be warnings. You sling the crap, you lose your privileges to participate. No warnings. We're all here to have fun and learn a thing or two so do it the right way.

Well said Aaron.
    Thanks.

Thanks for saying that Aaron. I do not post because of that reason. However, i really love to read posts, but lose interest as soon as they go off on a tangent, especially the negative ones. I look forward to reading more without all the trash talk.

Civility seems to be waning at times this day and age. I remember when one of my first post, which took a long time for me to muster the courage, on this board was taken issue with. I was garrotted by a "fellow" who lost his privileges quite a while back. I remember how my heart raced when I read that first PM. Almost quit on the spot, but received some nice support from jbird. I am still leery about posting to some of the really "hot" topics.