Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rules...

Default Rules...

A good old man, sir. He will be talking. As they say, when the age is in, the wit is out.

Last edited by aaron; 12-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.

I quit participating a while back, just stop in from time to time, too much flaming and questioning of posters with good intentions willing to share their experiences. Posting pics of nice fish ends up being a crime scene investigation as suspicious minds pick them apart looking for some breech of etiquette or practice. Holding the fish wrong, how long was it out of water, method of catch, that water looks too low to be fishing there, and on and on. This kind of crap may be from just a few, but its a few too many for me.

[QUOTE=Dabalone;110233]I quit participating a while back, just stop in from time to time, too much flaming and questioning of posters with good intentions willing to share their experiences. Posting pics of nice fish ends up being a crime scene investigation as suspicious minds pick them apart looking for some breech of etiquette or practice. Holding the fish wrong, how long was it out of water, method of catch, that water looks too low to be fishing there, and on and on. This kind of crap may be from just a few, but its a few too many for me.[/QUOTE

Ditto !!

I got my butt chewed , just for asking to keep the forum clean , because my young boys USE to look here . They/we stopped for the most part right after that . also some tasteless comments about President Regan when he was dying from alzheimer's . There are still a bunch of good people on here though , BUT i avoid most forums any more . The few have ruined it IMO .
    Last edited by RobK.; 01-08-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobK. View Post
    Ditto !!

I got my butt chewed , just for asking to keep the forum clean , because my young boys USE to look here . They/we stopped for the most part right after that . There are still a bunch of good people on here though , BUT i avoid most forums any more . The few have ruined it IMO .
    Very sad Rob. I remember that. i certainly miss your amazing photography and your easy going-ness. A lot of the original gang is gone. I can think of a dozen great members that were the lifeblood of this place that quietly disappeared. I still believe this to be the best ff forum on line. Its got its episodes, but I still consider it home.

Sorry it came to this Aaron...and Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Very sad Rob. I remember that. i certainly miss your amazing photography and your easy going-ness. A lot of the original gang is gone. I can think of a dozen great members that were the lifeblood of this place that quietly disappeared. I still believe this to be the best ff forum on line. Its got its episodes, but I still consider it home.

Sorry it came to this Aaron...and Bill

Thanks Jbird !!

you one of the many kind/friendly posters/people on here . My favourite Quote from the movie '' THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER'' comes to mind . YOUR WELCOME AT MY Camp FIRE ANYTIME !! If you ever need a place to stay will visiting N. Utah ( Cache valley ) we have extra?empty rooms . That goes for any of my friends on here . We are empty nester's now , even Cody our youngest is married and gone . where did the time go ??
    Last edited by RobK.; 01-08-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Last edited by aaron; 12-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobK. View Post
    Thanks Jbird !!

you one of the many kind/friendly posters/people on here . My favourite Quote from the movie '' THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER'' comes to mind . YOUR WELCOME AT MY Camp FIRE ANYTIME !! If you ever need a place to stay will visiting N. Utah ( Cache valley ) we have extra?empty rooms . That goes for any of my friends on here . We are empty nester's now , even Cody our youngest is married and gone . where did the time go ??
    Rob.. It appears you may have your PM function disabled....so I'll say it here

Thank you! and the invitaion is mutual. we're empy nesters too now. Take care buddy!

Default I like eating beans.

Okra's even better! Happy new year and keep a sense of humor!
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

I believe it's a side effect of the board getting so big. A small group can self moderate but when it get's to be huge it really does need a sheriff(s).

If I weren't such a sweet little angel I'd be worried myself.

Rob, is Cody really grown up? Already? Wasn't it just yesterday that you guys were fishing Shirt Tail Canyon and the Rube? Good to see you back buddy.
    Still got Chukar running through your yard?

I know of several 'founders' who've moved on because of a lack of civility and respect here and I'm hoping to see them come back.

Time will tell.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default is this a private party? no. i think it's a public forum

first amendment. freedom of speech.what part of that do you not understand.if you don't agree with someone or something... voice your opinion.big deal.this is a public forum right? this is the USA right? land of the free? what is this site? a daily affirmation? not. email eachother if you can't handle someone's opinion or get a tissue..this is a public forum not a private meeting place. move to syria or china if you want absolute rule and no opinions.thanks for reading. your good pal chainsaw