Thread: salt walter flyfishing dvds

Default salt walter flyfishing dvds

Can anyone recommend any good flyfishing dvds for saltwater fishing. Specifically tarpon, permit and bones?
    What are the Chasing Silver dvds like? i would be willing to buy good condition used dvds of worthwhile videos.

Default Saltwater fly fishing dvd recommendations

When I get out of the eastern sierra (Bishop, Ca) I love to chase tarpon and bonefish....still working on permit....

Here are a few recommendations:

For Tarpon try: Hooked on Tarpon from hookedonthefly.net---Lots of good information on fishing for Tarpon in the Keys.
    Location-X also gives good information on fishing for Tarpon in Florida as well... Tarpon the movie, is also a classic about fishing for Silver Kings in the Keys.

For Bonefish try: In Search of Rising Tide by Jamie Howard; Bonefish-a fishing odyssey; Boneishing the Flats (a basic how to) by Craig Mathews; and Pirates of the Flats (includes comments and footage from Lefty Kreh, Tom Brokaw and others in the Bahamas)

Permit: Black Tailed Devils...features Justin Rea and friends chasing permit.....World Angling Saltwater fly fishing outfitters has a website with a few exciting short saltwater videos....

Have fun....better yet....get out your rods and hit the Bahamas and the Keys......its a blast!!

Cheers,

Al

Default Chasing Silver

By the way the Chasing Silver and Andy's return are both great dvds on what its like to go after Tarpon in the Keys.....definitely worht purchasing .

If you want to learn more....then get Andy Mill's book A Passion for Tarpon.....

Have fun....