Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any opening day reports from the A?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio View Post
    I have noticed on this Board that people using their Real Names tend to be more supportive of their fellow Fisherman...If someone posts a picture they must be proud of their day on the water...I say Good Job buddy... Glad you had a good time..... Frank B. Alessio
    I think people were razzing him because of comments like these. I'm not sure, just guessing. That topic stirred up quite a bit of debate, and ranking on Truckee guides in general isn't cool.

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showpost...36&postcount=6
    http://www.kiene.com/forums/showpost...5&postcount=16

OK, so I didn't really think it was a coelacanth. I did think it was a really LATE salmon that was still chugging along.

Awesome 590Mike!!! It's amazing how many self-righteous people are willing to slam a guy for having a great day; I have to believe it's only a small few that jump on the boards with their big egos and that most of us are fairly easy going.

The fact that I posted this thread and the only guy that posted a report and a pic got hammered makes me smile and warm inside.

Buying 4 license from now on via Clarkston, WA

Default shiny happy people holding hands.

Still a boot

I offer a group hug;p

C'mon, it is a colored to hell fish that was caught on a fly reel. Congrats to him, but hell, i wouldn't want to touch that colored up salmon, i mean steelhead!

Jesus people, I think there is a positive self affirmation board somewhere on the internet to get ones ego stoked and what not.

Yes, congrats on the fish, those bastards take a lot of time.

It sure probably was fun.

But it sure a hell is a boot, too.

just sayin.

me
    Not unless round's funny!?!

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Awesome 590Mike!!! It's amazing how many self-righteous people are willing to slam a guy for having a great day; I have to believe it's only a small few that jump on the boards with their big egos and that most of us are fairly easy going.
    I think a little jabbing should be expected in the steelhead forum. You have to be a complete moron to WANT to stand in the middle of a river during the dead of winter employing one of the most difficult fishing methods known to man in an effort to catch a fish that's more myth than reality.

If my fishing buddies and I didn't tease each other, losing large fish would flat out suck rather than be humorous.

I like it TacoCat........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by tacocat View Post
    I think a little jabbing should be expected in the steelhead forum. If my fishing buddies and I didn't tease each other, losing large fish would flat out suck rather than be humorous.
    You are so right about that. The problem is that in this day and age the dress wearing girlie men get sooooo butt hurt that you have to preface your posts with

Lighten up Francis!

I think we also call this the "chickification of the male species".

EO

Quote Originally Posted by 590Mike View Post
    David
    Nice going on your first steelhead and congratulations. Three weeks and over 120 hrs ! Way to stick it out!
    There are a few "rules" ( that mean absolutely nothing)
    1 if it's a steelhead said fish must be "dime bright" and sea lice is even better or the fish is worthless.

2. They way you catch or hook is critical as the "take" must be epic or of greater spirtiual meaning. Or the fish is worthless and you are a bastard.

3. You didn't mention the type of rod and casting style, ex. double haul hook mend , double d twist reverse drift, etc. Therefore the fish is worthless, you are a bastard and you hate the environment.

4. You failed to pay homage to the fish properly. A suggestion might be a few words such as " this beautiful and magnificent species of a creature blessing me with it presence" Therefore the fish is worthless,you are a bastard, you hate the environment, and most likely you are a Republican.

5. Since you didn't mention the fly or leader it is assumed you were using red worms and the monofilament used to make necklaces. So clearly the fish is worthless,you are a bastard,you have the environment,a Republican,and you are a litterbug!

Again congrats on the sucess PM sent and we have to get out on the water

You are THE MAN. Loved it.
    "No matter how hard you try bro, you just can't turn a douche into a rose." (Anonymous)

Default got a steelhead on the swing today

got a steel head on the swing today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sosresize.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	3973  
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010