Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any opening day reports from the A?

Default boot

Someone should give 'da boot' to anyone lining fish on redds.

Damn, did I say that?

I did
    M

i sure hope that wasnt a wild fish, being that you rocked it. 90% sure this one probably aint gonna survive

not looking good for that fish, after a 30 minute fight probably not the best idea to drag the thing onto to the rocks for a pic; just my 2cents.

Hey m
    The fish was caught in swift moving water greater then 6 feet deep. Wild animals know enough not to breed on a highway.....but then again there were guides working the stretch so breeding fish must have been around right?....kinda impossible for redds to be anywhere around for more than 100 yards but who knows breeding in this water would be like breeding on the floor of a whore house which may in fact save these fish from extinction...probably not

Damn did I say that .....

The fish spent less then 30 sec out of water less then it took to take that profile pic by the water edge my 2 cents.... It revived well....oh the fish and game guys that watched the entire thing we're impressed with both my revival technique and my current fishing license and barbless hooks ..... Damn stupid is as stupid does....any other retarded comments?

A buddy and I floated from sailors to russmore. Im still a newb and didnt hook a single fish. My buddy farmed 2. Didnt see a ton being caught. Seemed pretty slow. I'll be back

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID95670 View Post
    It revived well....oh the fish and game guys that watched the entire thing we're impressed with both my revival technique and my current fishing license and barbless hooks ..... Damn stupid is as stupid does....any other retarded comments?
    Soooo - when you are giving it mouth to mouth do you slip it the tongue?

I gotta say that most of the fish I saw up at sailor were ugly SOB's.....they were super torn up from staging up there. I think most of them followed the salmon up, and are hanging out because there are STILL a couple working salmon redds in the river. Whore Island 1 saw pairs of steelies looking to get down, and I saw more redd rapists in the creek at Whore Island 2 down by sunrise.

Sure to form, most fish hooked lower in the river (sunrise down) were hotter. In fact, not a single fish landed from sunrise down, because these SOB's were PISSED off.

Seems like fish are 4-7 inches bigger this year in general, at least by my count of seeing 20+ fish landed over 2 days.

While I don't believe that the gumboot fish in the photos was spawning (probably caught in the sailor run per the poster's comments?); it does look like an old SOB that's getting ready to hump soon.

And, 30 minutes? Dude, me thinks you need a 7 weight.

this is more like it...i thought the steelhead board had gone to sleep...all the excitement was on the trout board (truckee) and on the striper board....get the popcorn..we got a hard core fish killer here...let him have it i know it is in you....

Sorry I only had 20 upper div. Biology units I am no match for you...Jaybird get out the Crackerjacks....

Lmao.......lllllllletttts get ready to ruuuuumblllllllle.....

Ahhh....steelhead season on the American....glad I go where there is more steel than people.
    "No matter how hard you try bro, you just can't turn a douche into a rose." (Anonymous)