Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Any opening day reports from the A?

Sushi river side? Howed it taste?

Dustin,
    You have one hell of a hook set!
    T.

Sea run cutthroat?

Hey that fish has no adipose fin, bonk it quick!
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Default Not cool

So what should people do when they see some obviously bad fishing ethics? Ignore that and congratulate they guy anyway?

No way that fish needed 30 minutes to come to the shore. Dime bright fish on the coast don't take that long. You either need to up size your gear(rod/tippet) or learn how to properly play a fish.

But then to drag it onto some nice dry rocks so you can get your hero shot? Inexcusable. You are putting your ego ahead of what is best for the fish.

That said its cool your putting in your time and getting rewarded. Next time do the fish right. Play it quickly and keep it off the rocks. Then I think EVERYBODY would be happy for your achievement.

Here is a great article about how to do it properly:

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/...ghlight=remove

Not looking to flame anybody, but man I hate to see tired old fish on dry rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by PMD View Post
    Sea run cutthroat?
    That was pretty damn good......

This caught this morning, close to first light, fog misting over the run...stepping down 2 steps at a time, making sure to delicately swim the purple wet fly oh so gingerly to present properly in the run.....fish took it mid swing, did a nice charge downstream, then jumped a couple times, ran at me...

River left, Snap T cast, Skagit flight head, with 10' of T-8 full sink, and 4' of tatsu 12# flouro....

This magnificent creature was oh to be so cherished. I gingerly stroked her back and forth into the current, where she swam off, only to be caught another day by someone else.....and then lay her eggs, return to the great blue, and do it all over again in a couple more years.

aahhahahahahah.....
    Last edited by Jed Peters; 01-06-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Haters be hatin...

"No matter how hard you try bro, you just can't turn a douche into a rose." (Anonymous)

Nothing better than a bright fish on the swing!

Nothing easier than to rip fish off there spawning redds! Not to mention sight snagging!

The river from Sunrise Bridge up to the Hazel Ave bridge should be closed to fishing. I know and so does everybody else who has a clue, that its mostly spawning area. Go ahead and start crying you whiners but I call them as I see them!