Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American River flows dropping...

Default American River flows dropping...

Project: Nimbus Dam

Please make the following release changes to the American River:

Date Time From (cfs) To (cfs)

01/01/2012 0100 2,000 1,900
    01/01/2012 0200 1,900 1,800
    01/01/2012 0300 1,800 1,750

Comment: Conserve Folsom Lake storage. Reduction coordinated with the fishery agencies.

Issued By: Russ Yaworsky
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Oh Boy! this should make for a very interesting opener.

Happy New Year and thanks Robin for keeping us posted on the projected flows throughout the year, i for one appreciate it very much.

not good, this'll make it even easier for the bed fishing morons to stomp all over the beds at sailor bar and sunrise while taking turns catching the same fish over and over. I seriously hope none of the guys that i see doing this every year are members of this board,

Default Stay off the redds folks

Guru your right, how about we break out the Gibbs minnow with a 6/0 treble hook and rip some waders of those redd sighting maggots! Sorry to be so harsh, but it's BS

I feel for those fish at the south bank above the fair oaks bridge now that they have diverted the water back to the south side. Those fish get pounded all day long. That should be a no fish area. It has been a natural spawning ground for years, a large number of fish spawn there. So let them be!

So then. What you are saying is that you need a guide license and a film crew to fish this area?

Or that we need to contact fish and game force them to sanction and regulate guides and film crews?

Or no one uses a truckee guide until these guides are controlled?

Or is it ok to fish all water as long as it is legal?

What is the answer cuz giving relief to guides and hammering Joe common guy six pack o suds makes no sense.......

I lean towards sanctions and regulations and fines...... Personally cuz it is kinda easy to catch fish in 1ft of water....... Hey maybe they are onto something......these freaking tips are expensive....... Think of all the money we can save....

Hey maybe bow hunting fish would be easier worked for those redneck fools in the south on some hunting station......sell these expensive spey rods buy bows ..... Lots of deer on the American too

Ok enough joking.......when are theae damn steelhead arriving

Thumbs up Steelhead Forum....

Hot Damn!!!! The Steelhead Forum is back!!!! I love da drama....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

David they have arrived and into my smoker they went, all wild fish too!..... I don't know let me no where you find them if you do, I will bring the camera crew.