Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New materials?

Default New materials?

It's winter, which means time to beef up on materials for everyone. Any new products that people are fired up about that we should think about bringing in? Any places people would like to see us expand. We want your feedback!
    Thanks
    Aaron

One thing i have been curious about is the rubberleg material that people are using for steelhead flies like the Squidro and Dirks Wiggler... Are these standard fly tying rubberlegs or the rubber material from bass jig/spinnerbait skirts... or something else entirely? I would like to tie some of these patterns but i'm just not sure if a specific rubber material is best... thanks for any feedback everyone!

Thanks, some people are using the standard sili legs from Wapsi. We've been chatting with Scott Howell about getting some of the custom legs and other materials he uses and is getting made for him. It's in the works so stay tuned for that.

Doll Eyes, medium yellow ones, and the big white ones, wapsi? More good quality deer body hair. Those tin? plated targus shad hooks. Maybe some type of synthetic that attracts fish as well.
    Itchin' for a fishin'

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
    Maybe some type of synthetic that attracts fish as well.
    Like what ? Powerbait ?? Dr. Juice ?!?

Soooooo tempting ....

D.~

(How 'bout some affordable Saddle Hackles ? Or a QUALITY Black Bucktail ?)

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post

Heh, apparently the hair fad has hit Europe = no saddles, again. Good bucktail of any variety is hard to find but we'll keep on it.

Default New materials

Aaron,

I really think that you should look into getting some Mirror image and some deadly dazzle in the shop. It is a synthetic that is made by H2O and it comes in the same colors as Slink in flash but it is about 40% of the diameter of Slink n flash. It moves better and has a wonderful natural sheen.

Many of my new patterns utilize both the MI and the DD. The DD is mirror image with UV flash in it already.

Great stuff for sure. I am sure you could contact the folks at Just add H2O and get some coming.

Cheers Chas

Default New...

Looking at "EP Streamer Brush w/ Rubberlegs" in various colors. Upper end of the price scale might include "Copic Air Brush". Hundreds of colors, all of which are waterproof and permanent.
    Brett
    Brett Humphries
    http://www.hillcountryflyfishing.com
    512-47zero-6886

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    Like what ? Powerbait ?? Dr. Juice ?!?

Soooooo tempting ....

D.~

Perhaps some type of re-fillable plastic cavity that I could tie on top of the shank, hidden under the materials, that I could stuff powerbait into? It would release a little scent each time I striped, and would only add a little weight. Or I could tie on a sponge soaked in anchovies? Or an anchovie with a zonker strip for a collar?
    Itchin' for a fishin'

Thanks Chaz, Just talked to the US disstribution point for them and they've actually stopped importing those 2 products because their sales are dead. Such is life.