Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brown trout on the Truckee River

Default freedom of speech

like i said i will be up there next year with everybody i know spot fishing browns in ankle deep water. thats cool right? another thing we are not living in the 5th century writing on papyrus.this is the computer age and it's not my fault it's gone viral.what did he think would happen posting it on the web.somehow it got out and here we are.somehow it's not secure on the web for him to hide.that's what he wanted right?to show his buddies the sport of cherry picking and never show anybody else.why would you want to hide this footage????is there something wrong with a camera crew and large browns in a ft. of water in november when i am pretty sure browns get down.sporting right? either-way I don't condone targeting fish in a ft. of h2o during their annual sex parade,and if anybody reading this is on the fence whether this is ok or not...well that's up to you and yours.use some discretion and know that some people will voice their opinion on sensitive matters even when they are secretly posted for friends only.on another topic....the easy way to attract a trophy dear to your shooting lane is to install a salt lick on their game trails and lay down 2 or 3 lbs. of grain.sure thing every time. thank goddess the brown was released and not harvested.i am not bashing the guide,i am bashing his tactics.this is a 50-50 subject and we know where i stand.next yr. my footage of the LT will be better... lights, dancing girls and a judging panel,and a sign for the people in doubt.catching BIG browns is easy.help yourself.i don't know why they would be in a foot of water in november?but go ahead there are plenty of them to go around.spread the news.browns in november on the LT.so easy a cave man can do it.sorry i'm an asshol... but this video set me up.
    Last edited by chainsaw510; 12-24-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Talking Drama....

The horror,.... The horror.... Is this the Steelhead forum
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Big fish in shallow waters with photos. This was an annual happening on the Putah Creek Board before the creek was made C&R.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    The horror,.... The horror.... Is this the Steelhead forum
    We should move this thread over there. I'm not saying anything else because its pointless.

Default Don't take any chances

Anytime we put a fly on the water we my hurt a spawner.We could cut off our hooks at the bend and really call it sport fishing.Or if we're really so worried let's just stop fishing altogether.But I guess were all still going to take that risk even after this discussion aren't we. Tite lines

Default healthy debate

hey i'm not trying to insult anybody.i just take a hard stance on exploiting these beautiful creatures at certain times of the yr..this video i guess was meant for a private audience,but i'm glad its out there for people to discuss and open dialogue.if you are cool with it fine.i'm not.it's a difference in opinion.you are not wrong and i am not right it's open for debate.take a stance and go with it. this video is just asking for abuse as far as i am concerned.it's just my opinion and not the law.this is a forum not a fight.say what you want....fine. and fish where you want.....fine. you have no one to answer to than yourself.unless it unfortunately goes online.again nice fish just wish i hadn't seen the production.merry christmas.ps.targeting this brown is kinda like wrapping your own xmas presents and acting surprised upon opening them.ho ho ho
    Last edited by chainsaw510; 12-26-2011 at 11:16 AM.

"hey, I'm not trying to insult anybody"...really? Here are a few of your first words:

"has 2 camera men set up for the self hype promotion"...wrong, a lying insult - were you just making things up to support your self righteous indignation?

"a giant net for the monster BROWN"...maybe all you catch are small fish, but it seems to me a guide would have the proper equipment whether working or not

"obviously they had been molesting this fish for who knows how long"...and this is obvious because? JSounds to me like another insult on your part

"guide tackled the fish and handles him like a true pro"...gee, no insult there huh Saw?

"hopefully the beautiful Brown had dropped it's roe before the circus showed up"...this doesn't sound much like a compliment to me

Yeah, we got it chainsaw...you're above all this.

RFT

Default watch the video

dear super sensitives, random casting in a random ankle deep pool? right? watch the video.to me, a small fish fishermen it sure looks like a self promotion,and a great hero opportunity.watch the video.from my eye,without sub-titles explaining play for play what we are seeing exactly.sure looks like cherry pickin to me.i've been wrong before.but the camera production and credits afterward sure look like the people in doubt knew dam well what they where about to capture.what's the big deal.really, what's the big deal? i'll tell you.some people interpret things they way they see them and some take offense to these practices.it's black and white man.take a side.you are right i wasn't there.all i have is this video and alot of doubts.we can go back and fourth forever.neither getting anywhere.great.until i see otherwise i'm sticking to my side.i'm happy some feel this video is cool.it's a great opportunity to see absolute perfection,a fish most of us small fish fishermen will never glimpse. again i wish i hadn't seen the production and the means of capture. this video begs for a good chewing,and that's what we're doing.i mean no malice, i just don't advocate these practices.
    Last edited by chainsaw510; 12-26-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Time to give it a rest chainsaw! seriously. Youve made your point.

no, youre just pompous, self righteous, and thoroughly obnoxious. congratulations, you are rosie o'donnell.