Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoopa closed ?

the people dumping their garbage are tribal members. No ifs ands or butts about it. Some tribal members houses would be condemmed if you or I lived there because of the garbage dump they have in front of their house.

I can understand their angst.

But, one can still float the river?
    I believe any waterway considered navigable, is open to the public.
    Steelhead gear = $6287, no of adults caught = 3, amortized cost = $2,095.67, beaching that 30" fish and letting it go = priceless

Quote Originally Posted by shawn kempkes View Post
    the people dumping their garbage are tribal members. No ifs ands or butts about it. Some tribal members houses would be condemmed if you or I lived there because of the garbage dump they have in front of their house.
    This could well be, as the Hoopa tribe has it's own share of "bad apples" just like any other community. I think the comment from the one guide in the article about not wasting time or energy pointing fingers was right on track though. Rather than argue over who did what, it seems like a more productive use of time would be to work out some more agreeable solutions to the real issue. Getting into a pissing match with the tribe will not likely work out to anyone's best interests in the long run.

As an aside, I cringe every time I see the tangles of fishing line or the ubiquitous worm container along the sides of our beautiful rivers. I certainly hope that other people see the trash for what it is, rather than lump me and many others in with "those damned fishermen" for leaving this kind of trash behind.
    JB