Made it out to Berryessa yesterday with Treefisher from Sebastapol. Commuted from Petaluma and got to know each other on the way. Gregg was probably really sick of hearing all my stories by the time we drove the 1.5 hrs to the lake. We got there and it was my fist outing with my new(to me) pontoon.(Thanks Jack).

Gregg had only a few hours on his so it would be a getting used to boats day.

Cold but beautiful start to the day as I tried my white wooly bugger all the way to my favorite spot with no luck. Just as I commented on getting there I got a hit, but no fish. Turned out to be a pattern all day for me. Strong hits but no connect, considered cutting the tail off but figured at least they were interested. Proceeded to catch and lose, at the boat three fish as I tried to figure out how to net from a pontoon. Plus these guys would fool you by giving in then making final run at you and jumping tossing the hook.

Gregg was changing from a nymphing rig to a streamer as I was getting all the action when his indicator went down and almost took his pole with it. He recovered to catch a nice rainbow.
I finally netted this guy with bigger fish starting to jump as we were paddling home.

Gregg caught one more and it was time to make the long paddle back.
All in all a good day of fishing and new friends. Now to work on my paddling skills.(circles don't get you anywhere!)