Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Crap!?

Question Funding Sources....

I hear you Mike,.... "The other problem is that 90% of the anglers are not even aware of the problems we face with regard to all of our fisheries." IMHO, this is the biggest problem of all. Many fly anglers don't care much for anything other than Salmon/Trout/Steelhead, also.

In my musings about this I was thinking that somehow we have to get off the litigation railroad. It's even more expensive than lobbying and the outcome is always in doubt. The money diverted to lobbying would have to be adequate to cover costs but I'm not sure how much that would take and, of course, there would have to be enough in reserve to cover "just in case" scenarios.... Not sure that's possible.... NRDC seems to be well enough "heeled" by itself to make this happen. Of course, they don't always see things the way we, as fisherman, do.... I'm still working on it, tho....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian,

Unfortunately, due to the way our political processes have been totally corrupted by the all mighty dollar, (which may soon be extinct!??) we've got at least another 30 years of litigation ahead of us because of the way "they" have handled the BDCP process and the rush to get the "Canal" built by any means necessary. The water contractors have controlled the process every step of the way, to the complete exclusion of the entire Delta community, including the sport and commercial fishing industries and their attendant jobs as well as excluding (or trying to) any reasonable biological arguments that are necessary to restore our fisheries.

The only way to fight the massive corruption of the process is, unfortunately, through litigation.

(That is until the U.S. Congress changes the laws. Which looks like the way it will go, according to current politics. Also, the drive to get rid of the ESA by the San Joaquin Valley legislators because it interferes with billionaires making more billions by selling taxpayer/ratepayer subsidized water at market rates.)
    If like to fish (or hunt) you'd better be extremely cautious with your votes over the coming election cycles...(like maybe vote for grid-lock until there are more reasonable alternatives!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McKenzie View Post
    Darian,

Unfortunately, due to the way our political processes have been totally corrupted by the all mighty dollar, (which may soon be extinct!??) we've got at least another 30 years of litigation ahead of us because of the way "they" have handled the BDCP process and the rush to get the "Canal" built by any means necessary. The water contractors have controlled the process every step of the way, to the complete exclusion of the entire Delta community, including the sport and commercial fishing industries and their attendant jobs as well as excluding (or trying to) any reasonable biological arguments that are necessary to restore our fisheries.

The only way to fight the massive corruption of the process is, unfortunately, through litigation.

(That is until the U.S. Congress changes the laws. Which looks like the way it will go, according to current politics. Also, the drive to get rid of the ESA by the San Joaquin Valley legislators because it interferes with billionaires making more billions by selling taxpayer/ratepayer subsidized water at market rates.)
    If like to fish (or hunt) you'd better be extremely cautious with your votes over the coming election cycles...(like maybe vote for grid-lock until there are more reasonable alternatives!

Mike
    And just how have the Water Contractors controlled the BDCP process? Laura King Moon who works for the Water Contractors is on loan to the BDCP......

Corrupt to the core..... enough said.

Default That didn't last long

Well, how about that.....

Very nice.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Was this because of my strong language?

And here I thought integrity was dead.

Good call Judge.

Ed
    Last edited by Ed Wahl; 12-07-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

The question is: Did he return 100% of the retainer? I bet he did a chunk of work and the damage is done! Attorney/Client privilege still applies.

I do not believe for a minute that Westlands or anyone associated with them has any integrity, period.

the real question is how much of his future employment was worked out with westlands while he was still a judge...how much money was he guaranteed while decisions were still being made, how much back scratching went on.....corruption runs deep with those basterds. There seems to be a pattern here...govt official makes important decision benefitting westlands (Pelteir, Macdonald)..then retires..and goes to work (over the table this time) for westlands...hummmmm
    Last edited by huntindog; 12-09-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Thumbs up Conspiracezzzz.....

And the soap continues as the stomach turns!!! Damn!!! I love a good conspiracy....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown