Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Crap!?

Default Holy Crap!?

What kind of a world is this anyway?

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/29/408...-work-for.html

Ever wonder why things get so screwed up?

Cheers.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

No surprise. Goes to show that it's all a game to these folks.

Question Representation....

I'll bet Wanger is working for the law firm and is on retainer to Westlands. Smart move, strategically, for Westlands. Wanger is supposed to be one of the best California water law experts around. Too bad the environmental community didn't hire him. Looks like another opportunity lost....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    I'll bet Wanger is working for the law firm and is on retainer to Westlands. Smart move, strategically, for Westlands. Wanger is supposed to be one of the best California water law experts around. Too bad the environmental community didn't hire him. Looks like another opportunity lost....
    This is another example of the complete arrogance of Westlands as well. It wouldn't surprise me that Wanger is on retainer to do nothing...... this way he can't work for anyone else.

We shall see who's next to be on The Payroll before the ink even dries on their retirement papers..... hoping to be wrong.

Love and Peace.

Smile Oooo, Conspiraceezzzzzz....

I love 'em. This is nothing more than an attorney/client relationship. If we had thought about this and done a bit of advanced planning, Wanger could've been working for "our side". Attorneys advocate for their clients, regardless of which side they are on. That's a fact of life.

Now that former judge Wanger represents Westlands, we have a very knowledgeable adversary. That means we (us) have to raise our game to their level.

According to the article, at least one person in the environmental community believes that this will not result in any unethical/unfair influence in favor of Westlands. Give them credit for making an intelligent, strategic move. I just wish we would've done the same thing....

Here's an idea. How about spending some of the scarce $ resources (donations/grants) on lobbying instead of endless/costly litigation. That just might put is on offense instead of defense for a change.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I agree with your thoughts..... unfortunately, no matter how much $$$$ CSPA would've offered Wanger, Westlands offers more.

Thumbs up Partnering....

Even a water district has limitations.... How about we partner with some or all of the environmental community We have a number of interests in common.

We'll never know if we don't try....

Author unknown

Disturbing, but not a total shock I suppose. Maybe he's just consulting as a "Historian".

With exception to his last ruling, Judge Wagner appeared to be reasonable in his decisions. At least I thought so, maybe I have remembered incorrectly, or just not payed attention good enough.

One person commented that perhaps there should be an investigation...finances, etc.; see if there was anything going on even before this long two month retirement. I might be inclined agree, but there is no such thing as oversight, or investigation of govt. officials anymore.

For the record, I would be opposed to him working for our side too. It just raises too many questions, imho.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    I love 'em. This is nothing more than an attorney/client relationship. If we had thought about this and done a bit of advanced planning, Wanger could've been working for "our side". Attorneys advocate for their clients, regardless of which side they are on. That's a fact of life.

Here's an idea. How about spending some of the scarce $ resources (donations/grants) on lobbying instead of endless/costly litigation. That just might put is on offense instead of defense for a change.
    Darian,
    We could of done it IF we had the money (It was discussed when we first knew he was retiring from the bench.)

My first question is "Where would we get the money?" and my second question is "What "scarce $ resources" would we spend on lobbying?"

The problem is that some of us fishin' folks are too poor to raise the millions of dollars you're talking about! The other problem is that 90% of the anglers are not even aware of the problems we face with regard to all of our fisheries.

Your servant "In the trenches fightin' for money!"

Mike