Thread: Berryessa with a buddy

Default Berryessa with a buddy

Craig and I hit up Berryessa the day after turkey day looking for trout and we found a couple with the biggest going 18". Had fog over us all day so the water didn't warm up like I was hoping it would be we were able to get a couple trout. First time I have ever fished there for trout, I always fished it during bass tournaments. We saw a couple bald eagles and 3 ospreys trying to get it on midair. We saw a smaller raptor that Craig thought might have been a peregrine.

Saw blue sky for a couple of minutes.

Big osprey nest high in the sky.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Hey you beat me to it. I wanted to post so I could see a photo of the big one.

It is nice to fish with Scott because he always expects to catch something and I think that confidence is very important when fishing. I fished the week before and had to resort to using a castmaster as I had lost confidence in my abilities.

We started this day with Scott immediately catching a fish right as I launched my tube proving to me that his darn wiggle tail will catch fish anywhere anytime. I got as couple bites and immediately broke them off with comments of you were on the bottom or Did you catch that guys Rapala in the distance. Then Scott pulls in a 18 incher. After I get a quick lesson on leaders and knots I proceed to catch 2 fish in a row all the while freezing as the waders I fixed weren't fixed after all.

My biggest was about 15 but we saw some that had both of ours beat and they thought they were sailfish jumping 3-4 ft in the air!

The birds were awesome and I hooked one fish as I was watching the Eagle I am sure that is a first for me.

I was freezing and it was time to go but it was nice to fish and spend a nice day and learn from a great friend.

Thanks again and here is a photo from the week before as I just need to see some sun!!

Maybe try this week again but the winds may have something to say about that
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

Wow, those are some nice "landlocked steelies"!

_SHig