Thread: "The Thing"

Default "The Thing"

Pole Dancer go's amphibious. I tied it as a tube and weighted the hook with bar bell's. I also glued in a spine of 40lb mono half way down the rabbit to keep it from fouling. The legs are a rubber band. Look out Lake Mateos.

Last edited by GreggH; 11-29-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.

Team Stinky Duck

Greg,
    Nice bug. You should have your materials today or tomorrow.
    T.

Thumbs up The Thing....

That thing looks like Sumo Wrestler in his stance, getting ready to grab something (or doing push-ups). If a Bass decides to attack it, the bug'll grab it and throw it out into the boat for you.

It looks heavy. Have you test casted it yet
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I tossed it yesterday in my local casting ponds and flew nicely with the Sage LMB rig. The large rabbit tail looks SOOOO good during the pause. As it begins to coil back towards the body it really looks alive.The side to side movement has been reduced if not totally eliminated due the tail pulling back on the head. I wish I could have the snake like S movement but I'm satisfied with a bad ass popper. I want to thank Charlie B for our talk in the parking lot about rabbit. Polezilla would not fish if I hadn't stiffened the tail just past the hook.

Team Stinky Duck

that thing looks cool! Totally know what you mean by the rabbit strip "recoiling". Nothing moves like rabbit.

I bet the rudder-like legs has an effect on the side to side motion too. Ive found rubber bands deteriorate quickly out doors.

Definity a cool design idea! Do you make or buy your pole dancer heads?

J,
    I ran a Polezilla without the legs to test the zig and it was still sluggish to zag. The heads are salt water popper heads that I Dremeled.

Team Stinky Duck