Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid lake anyone?

Bill your right w/ those full moons. This is my 3rd season out there and every day ive fished after a full moon is garabage! You just gotta put in your time to catch the big numbers and big fish. Its hit and miss at times. But thats fishing.

Went out to pyramid this morning....what a zoo. Should have figured w/ it being thanksgiving weekend and nice weather. Even slower than last weekend w/ all this warm weather. Didnt see many fish caught. I got one rat today...went 1 for 1. DOnt know if i'll be back out til we see a change in weather. Needs to cool off to bring in the fish.

Air temps have been cooling off. Hopefully this continues and the bigger fish will move in.

Anyone been fishing pyramid lately?

anyone fishn pyramid lately?

Haven't been out, but creel station posted its numbers.

68 Shore anglers
    5.2 hrs avg
    ...69 fish (most in the slot, a lot slower than the week before)

last week was a full moon phase...so im gonna try my luck soon.

They posted water temps about 2 weeks ago, and it was still pretty warm (high 40's/low 50's) to a depth of over 100'. With the surface cooling, there's probably some convection currents moving around that are shifting fish.

I went out during the 07 new years flood and got a good view of some of the surface currents because the Truckee was spilling in really muddy. Water ran north from the inlet up the east shore past Dago until it hit Anaho Island. From there it turned 90° west and came straight across the lake smacking right into Sandhole (reason for its depth?). I'm guessing that's colder at the moment as well as the very shallows (unless they're getting warm with the sun). Trying to think where there'd be some upwelling.

Don't the dragon flies start moving around about now looking for new beds?

Good luck. I'm banned from casting at the moment
    Last edited by EricW; 12-15-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: correction

Heard the rumor of a 12.5# cuttie caught yesterday....is it heatn up? The weather sure is. Hittn the high 50's to low 60's in december.....wtf!!?

Went out and fished pyramid for a few hours today. Didnt see a single fish caught. Pretty much sucked a fat one!

I've been fishing it hard since opener and had some dynamite days, 50+/days one weekend way back in November when we camped out there. It's totally been dead from shore for over a month now. Went out 5 times last week and only caught one fish.
    Big problem is with the lake changing levels, most all the ledges are tough to reach. The guys casting spoons next to me landed about 5 nice fish, I got skunked because I couldn't cast far enough to get to the ledge. I have caught fish usually 2-5/day most all over the lake if they are biting though. In the last month I've gotten skunked more days than I've caught fish.