Thread: Redington Sonic Pro Waders

Default Redington Sonic Pro Waders

I've been fishing these all season and am pretty darn impressed.

The fit, breathability, and durability, are all top notch. On par with everything else on the market, and the Sonic Welding is pretty darn cool.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasonic_welding if you're not familiar. Basically it seals without needing stitching which is traditionally a weak point on waders.

You have Sage's services to back them up as well. We'll have them in the shop shortly, defiantly worth a look if you want a top of the line wader for sub $300.

More details here http://powfly.org/2011/10/30/redingt...ic-pro-waders/
    Any questions, let me know.

Default Solid Wader

I've taken them for a test drive since July til now (100+ hrs) and beat them up filming my "products in action" video (currently in editing...online very soon) walked through a thorn patch from hell, slid down 8 feet in dirt and rocks on my a$#, crawled over rocks abusing my knees along with hours chasing summer steelhead and providing instruction (on and off every day) and still no leaks and the waders look great, a few scuffs or two but not what I'd expect which should have been leaks, tears and a visit to the factory... not at all! The breath-ability factor is good (still not gore-tex), my waderwick bottoms were a bit sweaty in warm weather when covering lots of water. For all the add-ons and performance I am very impressed with this wader. The color is subtle and not to bright in the sun to alert fish (and shows up well on camera!) JP
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

Pretty darn good endorsement, I would say.

I have been in and out of mine since April and I have had the same results as JP but with a lot more hours on them. I cant say how many more hours, but between guiding and fishing Im on the water 3-5 times a week, and these are the waders I wear all the time. They have had everything and anything thrown at them and they just keep on performing flawlessly. Between the 5 layer coming up to your lower back, articlulated knees and feet, decent breathability and sonic welded seams, at a 250 price point, in my opinion they are a must have for a back up or your main pair. I will second the durability as JP stated already, some of my favs to fish are some of the worst places to walk and wading cuz of the bush wacking that is needed to get to some of the prime lies. These waders have seen the worse that Putah Creek, Trinity and the North Umpqua have to offer, and with wearing them since April, Im in the same boat, not leaks, not tears and no visits to the factory. Lets not forget the comfort. The fitment is very nice, they come with a stretchy wading belt, thick shoulder straps that wont dig in, and light. Holy crap are they light, I couldnt believe how light they truly are, out of the box on when they are when they are on. Some of the lightest waders Ive ever worn.

Right now they are $250 and come with a 3 layer top and 5 layer bottom, come 2012 they will be a few bucks more, they will be even lighter than they are now, and come with a 4 layer top and a 4 layer bottom. Same design but better that they are now.

Great things coming from Redington, and even great things in the near future. Keep an eye on Redington.

Just my .02

Too bad they don't come in more sizes. I'd like to give em a try. The only wader I can find in a LKS is the Simms G3.

The Simms G3's are the other waders I have, nothing beats gor-tex.

Tiger you might want to look at the med-king or the xl-short. the main difference between the two will be the bootie size, but also the xl will be a bit bigger above the waist.

I have Orvis Ultrasonic Welded waders, and I love them.