Thread: Flat Trailer for 8' Pram

Default Flat Trailer for 8' Pram

Looking for small trailer for 8'-10' pram/boat. My Highlander Roof Rack is too deep and rear windshield too large for car topping safely by myself. Not interested in roller rack either. Want a flat trailer. Anyone out there got anything shoot a response to this thread.

Thanks
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

Default trailer

Try Harbor Freight Stu

Lots of people using the Harbor Freight kits. I've always been told to get the one with the bigger tires fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Lots of people using the Harbor Freight kits. I've always been told to get the one with the bigger tires fwiw.
    Do these Harbor Freight kits hold up to significant freeway travel? Driving up to the Trinity with an inflaitable on top, for example?

-Ben

Depending on the weight of your pram I would think twice about the Harbor Freight trailer.
    I had a pram trailer that we built from the ground up. I could carry up to 4 prams, motors, all the extra's. We even had a reinforced tongue on the trailer. I gave it away and always thought about building another one but since I have a pickup, the pram fits in the bed.
    Oh yeah, we put 16" tires on it because of the weight

Jay

Default Thanks much guys for your feedback

I've heard the harbor freight trailers are little on the cheapo side and cannot take a lot of freeway miles (they start falling apart). My pram is around 85-90 lbs. so I really think a flat wood bottom utility type trailer would be the way to go. Also with 40 lb. motor. I see spring creek prams sells them but not going up to WA to get one albeit a new one. Looking for good used one but would consider new custom one if price is right. Anyone know of one out there or someone who makes them or has one kicking around? I am interested.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

Last edited by BobVP; 11-01-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Left something out

12 years ago I bought a basic 4' x 8' trailer from Pac West in Northlands
    916 487-4483. I had them custom weld a second 4' x 8' platform w a locking storage area underneath for oars, battery and what ever. I have towed it all over and never even had a flat. It carries my 10' pram w no problem.

I have an older H/F trailer. I run it up I-5 from the bay area to the Burney Basin.. no problem's. I believe maintenance is the key to trouble free trailering.. Pack wheel bearings, ck tires, ck wiring. etc... and of course use your safety chains correctly.. criss cross those babies under the tongue

Quote Originally Posted by WoolyBugger View Post
    Do these Harbor Freight kits hold up to significant freeway travel? Driving up to the Trinity with an inflaitable on top, for example?

-Ben

Default trailer,

You might want to check this out. In todays Craigslist Chico.

http://chico.craigslist.org/rvs/2660237439.html
    Last edited by cdccopp; 11-04-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: forgot attachment