Thread: Burney area reports?

Default Burney area reports?

Heading up to Hat, Burney Creek and Baum lake Thurs-Sat wondering if anybody has been up there recently to give a report....Thanks.
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

I camped at Cave Sept 30-Oct 1, fished from there down to Baum Lake (Baum lake was really crowded). I caught 5 and I am an inexperienced fly fisherman, 2 were 16 inches, the rest were smaller. I used a parachute adams and a black ant. my buddy caught 32 using salmon eggs and spinning gear.

It seemed like everyone was catching fish that i saw, even the guys set up on lawn chairs by the side of the river.

The pit below lake britton was very high and we diddnt fish it.

I also saw a rubber boa which was a really cool bonus.

I would stop by Kienes on the way up and Vaughns when you get up there.

That area is amazingly beautiful right now.

Slice,

Thanks for the report I wasn't thinking ants but I guess I will have to. I will probably camp at Cave or Bridge.

Definately will be taking some photos and post when I return.

Stopping at Vaugn's but I will miss Keines by heading up the 505 from my spot. Hitting Burney creek below the falls as well.

Once I fished there and using nymphs I caught only Brookies while all the bait guys were catching bows. Older guy said I was using naturals and catching the wild ones and the planter didn't know what a fly was. Probably should have used a corn fly is what he said. I laughed but maybe it's true.
    Thanks again..
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh