Thread: Fall Colors and Fishing

Default Fall Colors and Fishing

Well, it was just too nice to work yesterday, so I decided to head up 88 to see the fall colors and try a little fishing as well. Thanks to those who mentioned the roadwork on Carson Pass. I went over early in the morning and came back before 1pm when the blasting begins and the road is closed for two hours at a time.

The aspens are just about perfect right now, with just a hint of green remaining. I imagine they will peak sometime in the next week. Fishing was also good in the small streams I visited for fish up to nine inches, which is just right on 1 wt. There is more water than usual for this time of year, so the fish aren't as spooky as they might be when the flows are lower and slower. I have included some pictures of the trees and fish to encourage you to head up before winter sets in.

Hwy 88 near Silver Lake

Hope Valley

West Carson near Sorenson's

One of my favorite east side streams

Last edited by chemdoc; 10-21-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Default fall colors

Great shots!
    Thank you.
    Best,
    Larry S

Phil,

Those are great pics of one of my favorite areas, and finned foes. Thanks for the tease.....or inspiration.

Phil
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Stunning color, thanks for posting! Sure makes me think about playing hooky this week.

John

I definite recommend playing hooky. It is supposed to cool down this week in the high country, so now is the time to go. If I could manage it I would be back up there again and may do so on Saturday if the leaves are still looking good.