Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ban of Felt Soled Waders....thoughts?

Default Ban of Felt Soled Waders....thoughts?

Looks like Missouri is banning felt soled waders beginning March 1, 2012. What are your thoughts? Is it enough? What about shoes laces or other equipment? What about safety? Many believe felt soles provide a better grip.

http://ozarkflyfisherjournal.wordpre...-march-1-2012/

Wooly Bugger Fly Co.
    www.woolybuggerflyco.com

Then Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." (Mark 1:17)

this subject has been beat up, spit out and regurgitated 20 times on here....for the record i think it is stupid

Ya, agreed HuntinDog. Like any invasive species can't tag along in all the nooks anre crannies (as Wooly suggested).

Nothing compares to felt studded. Dumb law.

EO

Thanks guys. I am new to these forums so I apologize for the redundancy of this topic. Can't believe this issue has been going on that long.

Quote Originally Posted by EO View Post
    Ya, agreed HuntinDog. Like any invasive species can't tag along in all the nooks anre crannies (as Wooly suggested).

Nothing compares to felt studded. Dumb law.

EO
    as i get older i have more hidden nooks and crannies and folds on my own body..who knows what could live under the spare tire...if i go wet wading i could support a hole colony of critters in the hair on my ass...i guess i should be banned from fishing in missouri too

Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    as i get older i have more hidden nooks and crannies and folds on my own body..who knows what could live under the spare tire...if i go wet wading i could support a hole colony of critters in the hair on my ass...i guess i should be banned from fishing in missouri too

I think this is one of the best responses I have ever read.....thanks huntindog for the laugh. I even have my wife laughing now too (even though she has no idea what I am talking about).

Me three. My suspicion is that more is carried in the folds of the tongue and inside the boot than in the felt, but I'm not the judge. A lot's changed since I was President!

LOL'ing at 7:22am in the morning. Thanks for the laugh!

Eric

It only took Simms about 5 months to figure out that getting rid of felt is a bad idea.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Regardless of what people think about felt vs new stuff and invasives, no felt will be the law in Alaska on Jauary 1, 2012.