Thread: Shipping Down Under?

Default Shipping Down Under?

Hi Bill and fellow Forumites.Just a qiuck note to all our American friends...we'd love it if more of you guys selling stuff in the Classifieds would consider shipping to Australia.Like you we are mostly good honest people who can also pay by Paypal ..
    Thanks and Cheers,
    Peter Prideaux

Mike O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflow View Post
    Hi Bill and fellow Forumites.Just a qiuck note to all our American friends...we'd love it if more of you guys selling stuff in the Classifieds would consider shipping to Australia.Like you we are mostly good honest people who can also pay by Paypal ..
    Thanks and Cheers,
    Peter Prideaux
    Do many people write US only on their ads? Or are you finding this from personal experience?

I have shipped to Canada, cuz the guy paid the freight

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    Do many people write US only on their ads? Or are you finding this from personal experience?

I have shipped to Canada, cuz the guy paid the freight

Mike
    Ditto,

I've shipped to Canada, Italy, and others. It costs more and it's a bit of a hassle, but if you're willing to pay, I'm all for a global economy.

I've shipped numerous rods, reels, and books to Australia. The cost is not bad at all FOR USPS - and of course the buyer is covering it. However, the USPS will not ship a two piece rod longer than 8 feet (the max for Australia is 49"). Even an 8 foot rod, in tube with packing, requires acceptance by an employee at the counter who is willing to overlook an inch or an inch and a half here and there. I have had an 8 footer rejected by a stickler with a tape measure for shipping down under by the USPS as being over length. If it can't go USPS it has to go FEDEX or UPS and your price jumps from $35 or $40 to over $100 easy. Quite often Australian clients are looking for 3, 4, and 5 piece or 2 piece 7'6" and shorter rods for this reason.
    Rich
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com