Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Lake open's Oct. 1

Fished out the tip by warrior's point yesterday. Every beach seemed to have a couple vehicles or campers but far from crowded. Water was clear and 64deg with tons of chub. 6 of us total in tubes. I was late getting my act togethre and wasn't on the water until 9:30 or so. Other fellas had picked up a few fish by then but it slowed as everything went clear and calm. I only got 5 or 6 chub with a smaller fly. Went to bigger fly and didn't get anything else. Friends got 2 and 1. So it turned out to be a slow afternoon.

Some guys in an aluminum boat were able to keep up some action jigging very aggressively. Mid afternoon some baitballs were getting attacked on the surface Putting a fly through them didn't work for me. Some fellas that were camped said it was the slowest it had been for a couple days, previous days getting 5-10 each. Though I saw one smaller cutt near the shore, the vast majority of fish were caught in 15-30' of water a hundred yards from shore.

BTW, the creel station is doing a raffle for cash every month to encourage people to stop and report. They're open every weekend.

Fished the same area as Eric today and had a fun day. It rained pretty hard this morning, but the wind laid down after lunch making it bearable in the tube. Landed 6 cutts from 3 to 6 pounds and had two chub/trout doubles. Stripping a clouser was the hot ticket for me.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Quote Originally Posted by Littletruckee View Post
    Fished the same area as Eric today and had a fun day. It rained pretty hard this morning, but the wind laid down after lunch making it bearable in the tube. Landed 6 cutts from 3 to 6 pounds and had two chub/trout doubles. Stripping a clouser was the hot ticket for me.

Jay
    Jay,

What was the size/color of your clouser? Fished over the weekend from shore, and had miserable luck with more conventional patterns. I have never seen so much bait in one place though, so I'm not surprised the fish were ignoring flies in the shallows.
    -JD

JD
    The clouser was olive and white in a size 6. Fish were in water from 16-30'.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

anyone fish pyramid lately?