Thread: Stillwater 101 Fuller Lake 9/24

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stillwater 101 Fuller Lake 9/24

Just planted and some good reports led us to Fuller lake last Saturday.

Today's lesson for me
    was
    1. Get waders that don't have a small leak!! Even though the water temp was 58 I spent a lot of time shivering and only my socks were wet.

2. Sometimes the fish gods aren't on your side.

Now to the report.... Fuller another beautiful lake just off 80 and we were there at about 6:30 in the morning and Scott got a bite on his second or third cast. Then he got a fish on about his fifth. Seemed like all day everytime I looked in Scotts direction I saw this...

I did catch a couple and LDR'd a few more

but no where near the success of Scott and others.

Even an osprey caught a fish near me but he suffered like I did when he LDR'd to a bald eagle.

In the afternoon Mike form the board arrived with a couple of friends and he proceeded to catch about 20 or so before we left. His friends newer to flyfishing got some tips from Scott and proceeded to out fish me in only a couple of minutes including a 18"+ brown that I am hoping they post a photo of.

Oh well maybe next time the gods will like me better. I still cant complain. Good company, beautiful scenery an eagle and I caught 2 fish, a few weeks ago I would have been thrilled but when your buddy catches 30 and LDR's another10 you know there is still lots to learn.

Thanks again to Scott and his family for putting up with me and making this trip easier.
    Now to find some new waders for next time.
    Last edited by kokaneejr; 09-30-2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: photo double post
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh