Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: other board

John,

Your evaluation, in my opinion, is spot on, especially point number four which was openly discussed on the board, which then hastened number two which had started but then really gained momentum.

Mike O Guest

Number 3 is one reason I like kienes better. People are willing to share here, if you prove you aren't a lurker...the good stuff comes by PM

Default The decline and fall of NCFFB

IMHO, the decline of NCFFB is due to a lack of leadership by the board owners and monitors. In contrast, Kiene's board is successful because it HAS strong leadership that doesn't put up with any nonsense. Congrats to you Bill! Keep up the good work.

Like JohnS, I think the decline of NCFFB has little to do with the format change. I remember when I was first starting to FF. I posted a newbie question on that board and immediately got flamed to a crisp! So I retreated to lurker status. I think this happens to a lot of folks on that board. There was/is a small group of board bullies on that site that ruined it for everyone. They also use the board for personal communications with their buddies, so a lot of junk messages collect on the board - too many to sort through to find useful info. It ended up not being worth the effort to visit, so I gave up on it. Content is king. If you have good content, by encouraging participation and limiting the BS, people will visit.

i got in on the tail end of the NCFFB heyday and am glad i got to participate a little bit. In fact I am in the picture that is still up at the top of the page. It is of the last real bash which was a tribute to Hud who was sort of a godfather of NCFFB. Anyway...it did get brutal in there. Who can forget Uncle Jack who was/is the most contankerous old man on the planet. The others were mild compared to him. Anyway..i met some great people there that i still communicate with today...glad i got to be a part...

I hope somebody has the photochopped "thpey casting" book saved somewehere. That whole saga was pure gold jerry!

Lots of folks bashing the old NCFFB but lots of good came from the old "board". In the three years that I ran the Watershed Fundraiser, we collectly raised over well over $12,000 that went to local & national conservation groups. Many peole went to free rod building clinics & fly tying seminars and lots of folks learned who to fish from people from the board.

karma killed the board and only good karma will ever bring it back

Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    i got in on the tail end of the NCFFB heyday and am glad i got to participate a little bit. In fact I am in the picture that is still up at the top of the page. It is of the last real bash which was a tribute to Hud who was sort of a godfather of NCFFB. Anyway...it did get brutal in there. Who can forget Uncle Jack who was/is the most contankerous old man on the planet. The others were mild compared to him. Anyway..i met some great people there that i still communicate with today...glad i got to be a part...
    I met some of the best people I know thru that board. By the way, wasn't it you that posted a picture of my wading staff for the Pit River? Funny stuff that.

Default Sgt Diaz

Sgt Diaz was a steward for the rivers of Ca and put up many hilarious posts. Here's one of his posts from way back:

Title: The Yuba river @hwy 20 is CLOSED 2/24/05 3:41 p.m.

With all the rain we have had lately the "H" levels are off the scale. The last measurement showed that it was up to "H7O" so its closed until they come back down to the "H20" level. Another reason I closed it was due to the excessive number of fisherman with barbed hooks in their fly boxes. You cannot be on the river in possession of any barbed hooks.

Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrout View Post
    By the way, wasn't it you that posted a picture of my wading staff for the Pit River? Funny stuff that.
    i dont know what your talking about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walker.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	3668  
    Last edited by huntindog; 10-03-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Isnt this thread knida like discussing the pros and cons of your mistress in front of your wife?