Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: other board

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene View Post
    They had some fantastic fish outs...............wish I could have made some of them.
    BASHES Bill...fishing was secondary to getting together!

Paul

Mike O Guest

It wasn't just the format changes. Personally, I got tired of the vitriolic and insulting "thillyness", if you know what I mean. I think some just got tired of the hate. Those who didn't, probably moved over to the Drake BB.

Very clickish site, there. I was on Hat many of the same yearly BASH weekends in June, and didn't attend...for the reasons stated above. That is why I pretty much only participate on this site and FAOL. None of the nastiness.

I miss "Sgt. Diaz" as well. I wish DFG would open a BB or somewhere we could get things clarified without trying to find an office. Many of the contacts online are good at getting back to you, but I have emailed the same clarification question to six people with no answer.

Here's a link to a weekly email of general interest sent out by DFG. Sometimes the information is interesting... There's a spot toward the top on the right where you can subscribe.

Default tdrfishoot link . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tdrfishoot View Post
    Here's a link to a weekly email of general interest sent out by DFG. Sometimes the information is interesting... There's a spot toward the top on the right where you can subscribe.
    I believe this is the link tdrfishoot meant to include. I look forward to reading the updates. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/

Kind of along the same note, "California Outdoors" published by Fish and Game is one of the least expensive good magazines you'll ever subscribe to.

Thanks Ralph.

Here's the link to the most recent one:

http://californiaoutdoors.wordpress....-fish-sept-29/

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    It wasn't just the format changes. Personally, I got tired of the vitriolic and insulting "thillyness", if you know what I mean. I think some just got tired of the hate. Those who didn't, probably moved over to the Drake BB.

Very clickish site, there. I was on Hat many of the same yearly BASH weekends in June, and didn't attend...for the reasons stated above. That is why I pretty much only participate on this site and FAOL. None of the nastiness.
    I agree with Mao on this one. I always posted with trepidation there, hoping that I wouldn't say the wrong thing, or give too much information about a so-called "secret spot. Clique-ish? Absolutely! But still, some of 'em of were good guys, and if indeed the board is really gone...well...I'll miss the good posters and the useful info, but not the rest of the personal attacks and extreme politics.

"All things must pass..."

--F.G. Dave
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

Default The Rumors of Demise

NCCFB was back up this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by NCL View Post
    NCCFB was back up this morning.
    HAHAHA

So much for that obituary. Yeah that board did get down right nasty. I was subject of a few insults based on some stupid beginner questions, but it's easy to be mean when nobody can see your face.

I mostly use this forum now, but on occasion I'll post a report on ncffb. A lot of folks still go there, but end up just lurking.

Mike O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I mostly use this forum now, but on occasion I'll post a report on ncffb. A lot of folks still go there, but end up just lurking.

I lurk there occasionally as well.

Default Bashes......

The bashes started with 11 of us getting together and at its height had over 130 FFers, wives, GFs (not if the wife was attending), children and dogs. The food and the friendship was great.

IMHO the causes for the demise were
    1) there was some posting nastiness. Some of it was meant to be tongue in cheek but some people didn't appreciate the tone

2) deflection of several long time and prominent posters to a private board where they could share info with each other and not share with lurkers who only take info.

3) the new format was a minor reason. Once you used it a bit, you got used to it although it wan't as good as the old format.

4) some negative personal interactions